SUV's vs Mk3

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
so apperently the new thing to do in my area is race in a midsize SUV.

i was just drivin along after work and this bmw X5 is drivin all aggressive and we kinda race along but not really till we get to the next red light. we line up, turns green and were off. were neck and neck through first, then into 2nd he gains a little then into third im at his rear bumber but then a car in front of him forces him to slow down. so basically i lost to a lowered X5 with tims and exhaust,and who knows what else. im not a big fan of X5's, but that one was dope.

then just the next night an Acura mdx tries to pass me on a 2 lane road when im already speeding, so of course being the driver i am i speed up to deny his pass. so he just punches it to keep up. so i down shift to 2nd and take off and hes kinda keepin up maybe like at my rear bumber, but then into 3rd i really leave him behind till about 85 then i stop. then a highway onramp is coming up and i signal him to follow me on but he just keeps goin on his way.

anyone else having issues with suv's? or am i just attracting these guys haha

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You have those mod's in your profile and a bimmer SUV beat your ass :aigo:

Damn, Ima have to go against one to be sure here, I see them every now and then, but they are usually driven by old rich foggies around here...

Not really on the SUV's racing. My area has evolved from riced out imports and domestics with primered bodykits, to crotch rockets.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
yeah i have that problem too, i actually got my ass handed to me by some (what i think was) type of mazda midsize SUV, i think it was that turbo'd one, it had to be. It was at night, i didn't take notice to what kind exactly. I didn't full throttle it with him but even if i had i think it would have been neck and neck somehow?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
dude some of these suvs out now are packing some serious power. apparently there is a new jeep grand cherokee pushing 0-60 times in the 4's!

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
CryoSlash said:
do you suck at driving?

what makes u think that x5 was stock?

it is sad to see fast suvs tho. yea those trailblazers SS are unfortunatly fast. do they have LS2's? i know escalades and denalis do

There's an srt-10 in our town owned by a 16 year old kid. He races all the time everywhere. I hate to say it but its fast. Not like okay he can keep up fast, I mean he walks modded domestics and imports. Not little things either, Trans Ams, Mach 1 mustang with 4:10s and exhaust, etc. He raced a Chyanne and won. Probably not the turbo one though.