suspension

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
hey guys, so what kinda things can i do to make my car handle better? i have tokico illumina II with tokico lowering springs then i got some new poly bushings for everything. im an n/a so no lsd but i was thinking of buying one

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
well if your using shocks and springs instead of coilovers I would say sway bars are the next step. Suspension Technique is the cheapest on the market if you shop around, I found mine at enjuku for cheaper then some of the supra specific stores.

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
alright cool. i wish i could be on coilovers but i found these for $200 and they work great so i cant complain also i cant find just coilover sleeves they only sell the whole set

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
If your car has TEMS (which I assume it does if you have the illumina II's) then your car has the sport package which came with an LSD even on N/A models.

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
i dont have TEMS i have a lil tool to adjust my suspension tho. it makes it stiffer im not sure if its dampening tho since idk what these things do. it helps alot when i wanna take corners quick tho just a quick turn of it and its nice and stiff or a good daily soft ride

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
My coilovers have the dampening adjustment screw ontop of the tower where the TEMS hats would go. The tool I got with my coilovers was for adjusting the height of the ride. No idea how that would work for shocks and springs though.

But yeah sway bars take out a large ammount of body roll, only issue afterwards might be your plastic end links breaking so you might want to look into replacing those next. They will be almost as much as the sway bars, but considering you can prolly get the sway bars shipped to your door for under 300$ another 200$ for end links isn't bad. I think DM even sells cheap nylon ones for like 50$

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Keep the plastic endlinks in the back unless you're replacing or beefing up the tab they mount to on the suspension arm. Toyota went to the plastic endlinks because the tabs liked to rip off on the early cars that had metal links.

Also, the best thing you can do for handling: Tires.

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
Alright thanks guys. I found a way to tighten my rear struts but for some reason i get more roll but i know for a fact its tighter lol. And i just got some tires but just stock 225/50/r16. Bigger than was i had before tho 205/55/r16