Suspension ??

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
My shocks old shocks were blown and I rode it like that for a while on the H&R's its possible that I ruined the springs during that time .... I replaced them with Bilsteins and my ride feels great for a normal car. Feels like a BMW where the ride quality is great but I don’t think they are stiff enough so thats really nice for other people who ride it my car but I need it to perform like Lambo lol. So I feel like there is something wrong. The H&R’s are progressive but I don’t think they should be this easy to compress the shock and the spring while on the car. How possible is it that I ruined the spring since the Bilsteins are brand new?

When I go over a speed bump fast they seem to be stiff enough but when I enter a corner they dont seem stiff enough. I feel as if I can move the car to easy when I push down on the chassis. I dont know if the linear springs setup (skunk 2) on my Integra are comparable, but the Teg is way stiffer. I feel like I wasted my money or something isnt right. I dont have another MKIII with the same setup or something close to compare with. I might just return them and get the megan coilovers. The mr2 at the shop has a set of megan coilovers and on its softest setting its WAY stiffer than my setup and damn near rides as good.

I replaced the hats, front bump stops, all 4 shocks, and did an alignment... thoughts?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
I have a set of megan tracks and honestly I love them I have them adjusted all the way to hard and they feel really soild best investment I have made yet imo.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The geometry of our suspension has a progressive rate built in, progressive springs aren't needed. Doubt it's the bilstens.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Progressive springs aren't needed, but it's what the majority of lowering springs on the market are. That being said, RS*R Race springs are linear, however are hard to find

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
What are the spring rates on the H&Rs? Obviously an 8k spring isn't going to be as stiff as the 18k or whatever come on the megans. Are you sure the H&Rs just aren't that stiff?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I have a feeling your also running stock swaybars. If you want a ride that doesn't punish your kindneys but still want handling, get better swaybars and leave the springs alone...

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Sway bars are a must and so are the rest of upgradable parts because I am turning my hard top into a street and track car ..... and the targa into a cruiser with power. The current setup feels pretty good for the street, but I need something stiffer. My hard top will be pushing some good power so maybe its perfect for drag but I want to do course racing. I think I might have ruined my springs riding with blown shocks for so long.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
H&R's are pretty stiff but if your taking corners hard you will still get some body roll.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
bountykilla0118;1617135 said:
Sway bars are a must and so are the rest of upgradable parts because I am turning my hard top into a street and track car ..... and the targa into a cruiser with power. The current setup feels pretty good for the street, but I need something stiffer. My hard top will be pushing some good power so maybe its perfect for drag but I want to do course racing. I think I might have ruined my springs riding with blown shocks for so long.

Unless you bottomed out the spring; which shouldn't happen if you have the bump stops in place, and even then I think you'd bottom out the dampener internally first.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
bountykilla0118;1617135 said:
Sway bars are a must and so are the rest of upgradable parts because I am turning my hard top into a street and track car ..... and the targa into a cruiser with power.

:thumbup:

A worn dampener won't wear out a spring. But gravity does soften them up. Which is why you get alignments.