suspension recs?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
so my steering's gone out (fixed now), brakes are on their way out and suspension handles like mashed potatoes (complete with gravy, and not the instant kind)...anyway:

instead of going all the way and buying coilovers, i was looking at the koni yellows with a set of eibach or intrax springs. looking at tokico, it seemed like people had some problems with premature blowout (not sure how reliable that is) but ive also heard that koni yellow hps are pretty good dampers.

so my questions are:
are the koni yellows a good choice?
from the pic on 935's page, it looks like they're adjustable by lifting the hood and turning the firmness knob; is that accurate?
as for springs, would people here go with eibach or intrax?

diy guy

Jan 25, 2006
dallas
koni is the next best choice to a full coilover suspension. you're right, there's a tab that can be adjusted with the knob they provide (knob is only used to adjust, it doesnt stay on there all the time). The only problem with them is they dont use a clicking mechanism, theres just two turns from full soft to full firm. after a day of auto-x mine moved about 1/4 turn.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
so is there any way to rig a setscrew to hold the tabs down?

damn, IJ, seven years without problems?

and as for springs, is there anything that makes eibach or intrax better than the other?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Only "issue" I had was when a stock bump rubber split and I bottomed a shock smashing the damper piston inside! (Get good bump stops)

Other than that no leaks no problems at all!
I went Eibach this time as they offer a great choice in rates and the quality/consistancy is right up there!