suspension problems...

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
well guys i finally got my 1j supra running the way i wanted it too and i let one of my freinds who gave me a hand with the swap take it for a drive. He ran it into a curb at about 20 miles an hr and after hitting the front theback end swung around and hit the curb as well. upon closer inspection the front driverside steering knuckle snapped right at the hub and the rim was cracked. (is 300 rims). and rear driverside steering knuckle is also cracked and i believe that caused the tire to toe out quite a bit. all the damage is on the driverside (front and back.) no damage on the passenger side and i looked carefully at the frame and body. the strut towers have no kinks wrinkles or any other visual damage that i can see. from what it looks like only damage there is are the 2 knuckles and rotors and 2 rims....
just wanna get some futher insight and see wat u guys think and if there is anthing else i may have forgot to look at or missed in my inspection. ill get some pics up later of the damage.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Sounds like he was going a little faster than 20mph. But check everything under the car. Suspension arms, hubs, subframes. If the impact was hard enough to break the spindle and upright and wheel, I'm sure something else got bent. If it's not the arms, it could be in the subframe or, hopefully not but still possible, the chassis.

Tim

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i've been checking the car over for like 2 or 3 days now and i still see nothing besides the broken hub and spindle. i've had my instructors look it over as well (since thier eyes are more experienced that mine) and they also see nothing as well. control arms are not bent but im going to change them any because they are coming with the spindles.