suspension problem?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
so when ever i turn the wheel all the way to the right and i start to go forward or back wards i hear a very loud clanking noise from the front right wheel.. no clue what it is.. sounds realy bad tho like somthing snaped or broke.. but it happens every time and other than that drives just fine.. any ideas?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
whats the a-arm... sorry if that stupid question.. but i really dont know..lol.. and whys it doing that? thanks.. o also how much to replace it?

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Diagnos the problem man. Jack the front end up. lock you steering wheel (takeout your keys) check for play in wheels. if the wheel has up and down play it is the balljoint , usually lower (like $45-$60 each from toyota, very easy to replace). if it has front and back play it is in the tie rods. then you will have to which is moving inner or outer. That is a little harder because you'll need an alignment after doing this. Front and Rear play could also be the control arm bushings. Watch them while you move the wheel.
I'm guessing it's the C-arm bushing(s). Good luck.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
none of the above...

it's your steering locks. It's a small bolt that should be covered in a little nylon cap. Cap falls off, you get metal on metal and it clunks.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Yep, I've had it hit the locks, and make some noise before.

When I was running MK4 TT wheels, it did it the most. These that I have now, must have more offset slightly, as they do not rub the sidewall, rim when I hit the locks. (I think from the marks, it was hitting the clip on wheel weights on the MK4 rims.)