Suspension Options/opions

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
so i have about 23 year old TEMS suspension on my car.

I have heard alot of people say they don't like TEMS so i am not sure if i want to go with tokico's direct replacement or dish out for better Suspension.

So here's a Vid of my project below. Its almost ready for paint :) just got all the moldings from toyota all i need is the driver door trim.

Car runs great.just does'nt look it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mztKTl_vO7w

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
tems is nice and worth keeping if you have to money for the struts since there more expensive. unless your getting coil overs i would keep them.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Ive got Tokico Illumina II's with H&R's going on the car soon. I cant comment on if i like them or not but i will once they are installed.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the only thing that is different on the tems cars aside from the electronics is the shocks. tems shocks are 2x the price but you have normal and sport setting changes by button.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
that looks like blown shocks+sagging springs

im a coilover fan, so i'd recco those if you can flip the coin :p Stance and Megan are my favorite these days.

adjustability+ a good alignment guy = amazingnessss

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
PureDrifter;1398696 said:
that looks like blown shocks+sagging springs

im a coilover fan, so i'd recco those if you can flip the coin :p Stance and Megan are my favorite these days.

adjustability+ a good alignment guy = amazingnessss

Might look alittle worse the car is not stock height. It was droped when i bought it.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
Turbo Habanero;1398938 said:
Might look alittle worse the car is not stock height. It was droped when i bought it.
ah, give it the bounce test to see if the struts are working properly then. lowering springs with oem/oem replacement struts is like a teenager losing his virginity; never gives good results and becomes useless pretty damn quickly.

honestly for the price and quality of some cheap coilovers on the market imho buying springs+shocks for $600-700 isn't worth it, if you have no intentions to track the car you're still better off lowering the car on full-tap coilovers (Megans or the like) and have the better damping/adjustability than springs on full length shocks. if you do plan on tracking it then something with a little more credibility, such as Stance GR+, GR+ 3way if you're baller, high end Tein, BuddyClub, and apparently from what i'm hearing, BC Coilovers.