Suspension Noise

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
My suspension set up is Tokico blues and HR&R. The thing is, i had tokico illumina II in the front with HR&R and just tonight i changed the shocks to tokico blues. The only delima i have is now there is noise all over the system, only in the front. I remembered to grease the long bolt that goes across the control arm and the short bolt that holds the strut in place. Now everytime i go over something i hear noises and can feel it. If i were just to feel whatever i the car goes over but the noise is what i dont get.

Last time i did the stock to aftermarket everything was fine. Now I dont know if i miss anything. I should not have. Anyone shares the same problem? Before when i had the illuminas it was softer but there were no noise or anything like that. Now its like suspension parts are just hitting each other.

Any comments?

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Clunk. ^^^ With that being said. So i am suppose to let the car down to flat ground then tighten everything right?

Forgot say: I also changed the strut mounts to newer ones too. The clunking noise makes me think that it is the strut mounts but they're fairly new and well there are more compensating noise that just the noise of messed up strut mounts.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Strut mounts aren't tight enough?

But yes, you're supposed to put load ont he suspension per the TSRM when tightening the bolts.

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
LOL, idk how i am going to do that when my are is flat on the ground since it is lowered. But i'll check to see if everything is tighten down correctly. Thanks for the input.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
There is one issue with some struts, where the top isn't threaded down far enough for the nut to make contact with the strut mount. This results in clunking noises from the mount. I had this problem with Tokico blues, but I think that's only the rear struts.

If this happens to be your problem throwing a couple of washers under the top nut fixes it.

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
JonoTurbo;1155174 said:
There is one issue with some struts, where the top isn't threaded down far enough for the nut to make contact with the strut mount. This results in clunking noises from the mount. I had this problem with Tokico blues, but I think that's only the rear struts.

If this happens to be your problem throwing a couple of washers under the top nut fixes it.

This wasnt the problem but LMAO at myself because that is that i left off to tighten the top bolt down before driving out of the shop. I had told myself to remembered to tighten down the bolts when it gets down to the ground but i had forgotten. Well, problem solved. Tighten down the top bolt and the car drives like a champ.

Thanks for all the help guys! Really appreciated!