Suspension Mounts

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
So Im continuing the upgrade of My Suspension components. If you recall my last posts Im going with the Bilstein Strut setup with RS*R springs, Im also replacing my Ball Joints and Suspension bushings with ST Poly-bushings, as well as My Beech Performance Steering Rack spacers and on a recommendation from another member Im also replacing the wheel bearings. I have my eye on a few more Suspension pieces that are a bit out of my range (at the moment) And one I've been curious about is The Tein Pillowball Strut Mounts (Front and Rear). I checked a few websites and Found a good price around $150 for the front setup and about the same for the rear set, But my question is Will Those mounts work with the Bilsteins Im going to be installing? I was confused by a bit of product description So Now I figured I'd ask some supra professionals while I wait for the Company response. Any help will do, thanks guys. :1zhelp:

stomis

NA Die Hard
Mar 22, 2010
Jersey Shore
I'm curious as to why the stock supra suspension even has rotating style strut mounts. Theres nothing in the stock non adjustable stock suspension that has any need to pivot. All the pivoting is done on the balljoints.

As for your question if both are made as replacements for stock parts I dont see why they wouldnt work together. The mounts are made to go with stock "struts" and the struts are made to work with stock mounts.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I'm not familiar with the Tein mounts, but I have some Tanabe mounts that are probably the same or similar.
Are you planning on using the stock spring perches? I'm under the impression that you have to with the RSR springs? If they're like the mounts I have, you won't be able to use stock type springs as they were not made to fit the stock fitment springs.

I'm going to be using an adjustable sleeve with my bilsteins: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSN-B4BOA0000117/
If you look at the picture, you can see that there is an upper hat which is what the spring comes into contact with, not the mount itself. The springs I'm going to be using are standard 2.5" coils.

I don't know about the Teins, but in general aftermarket mounts I've seen aren't supposed to be the part that keeps the spring captive.