Supras in the snow

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
mine is down due to a rebuild also.. i saw one yesterday tho when i was at work.. Best Buy in west hartford.. if u are a forum member... nice exhaust note and kicking it out a lil in the snow haha

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
i was driving in the snow, until i over heatd in -18 so yeah its sitting right now outside my GF, soon to be parked for modding and fixing!

Chaos_Performance

Aug 21, 2008
Ohio and Mass
well i would be driving it except i crashed mine into a telephone pole in the snow. the first little storm we had was going home and it started and i slid round a corner on ice and hit a pole. so now rebuild time

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
wolf31685;1208619 said:
i had as much fun as i could with fresh 1jz maunual swap in the snow lots of fun beats the autmatic by far[/QUOTE

dam i didnt even see ur post, yea man we crazy, but i told u that i wouldnt get stuck at the end of your block, smh ex automatic drivers driving stick in the sno and getting stuck smhhhhhhhhhhhh

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
I drove my supra in the snow..ONCE

scariest shit ever

I now have a twin turbo soarer (1jz, r154, rwd) I drive it everyday in the snow and no problems with my bridgestone blizzaks winter tires..

I think it all comes down to the tires..the supra is very similar to the soarer

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
havent gotten stuck, but been having a blast

p1209983_1.jpg

p1209983_2.jpg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
toy fanatic78;1210002 said:
Fixed for ya.:biglaugh:

I've probably driven more than you are of age. ;) I have driven all kinds of vehicles and front wheel is the best. AWD is obviously better but we're not talking about that.

You don't wanna mess with my posts, be nice. ;)

Duane

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
upgradedsupra;1210008 said:
I've probably driven more than you are of age. ;) I have driven all kinds of vehicles and front wheel is the best. AWD is obviously better but we're not talking about that.

You don't wanna mess with my posts, be nice. ;)

Duane

It's all in good fun ;).I have owned 53 vehicles since I started driving,16 years ago.IMO there are a lot of other factors that affect seasonal driveability.I have had several FWD cars that just plain sucked in the snow,even w/snow tires,but same goes for some of the RWD cars.Personally,between the two,I would take a RWD w/a tight posi rear end and good snow tires any day.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
toy fanatic78;1210021 said:
It's all in good fun ;).I have owned 53 vehicles since I started driving,16 years ago.IMO there are a lot of other factors that affect seasonal driveability.I have had several FWD cars that just plain sucked in the snow,even w/snow tires,but same goes for some of the RWD cars.Personally,between the two,I would take a RWD w/a tight posi rear end and good snow tires any day.

I know you're joking. ;) as am I.

I should also mention that it is not only the FWD but also the driver. I have always gotten where I needed to go in a FWD. :)

RWD, different story.

Duane

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
upgradedsupra;1210024 said:
I know you're joking. ;) as am I.

I should also mention that it is not only the FWD but also the driver. I have always gotten where I needed to go in a FWD. :)

RWD, different story.

Duane

I had a '93 bonneville that was incredible in the snow,but my prelude and accord sucked bad.My mk3's didn't do all that well,but being lowered didn't help.Every mk2 I had did great,as do my old cressidas(except on the red & white one when I got lazy and left my 18's on.Wide,35 series tires don't do well in the snow)Best RWD car I had in the snow was a '77 Pontiac phoenix,thing was just unstoppable.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
toy fanatic78;1210033 said:
I had a '93 bonneville that was incredible in the snow,but my prelude and accord sucked bad.My mk3's didn't do all that well,but being lowered didn't help.Every mk2 I had did great,as do my old cressidas(except on the red & white one when I got lazy and left my 18's on.Wide,35 series tires don't do well in the snow)Best RWD car I had in the snow was a '77 Pontiac phoenix,thing was just unstoppable.

That sled would be nice in the snow. :biglaugh: I will still stick to my high school FWD car. :)

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
i drive my dad's RWD '00 3 series in the snow with it's all seasons and it gets around just fine (it better! hah), plus it's got traction control. sometime's i'll turn it off and give it a little slidewayz :p ...just to see how it reacts ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
theKnifeArtist;1210073 said:
i drive my dad's RWD '00 3 series in the snow with it's all seasons and it gets around just fine (it better! hah), plus it's got traction control. sometime's i'll turn it off and give it a little slidewayz :p ...just to see how it reacts ;)

Why? Because it's a BMW? RWD in snow FTL :icon_bigg

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
yessir, you know a lot of idiots have to be able to drive em in those conditions :arcadefre ;)

we had a buncha snow fall last week and about an inch into it i was road testing a 2.7T S4 quattro. i gave it a little bit of spirit here and there and it's as if the snow wasn't even there. very impressive. if i lived in a snowier area, i'd definetly need one of these awd cars. point and go!:: badger ::

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
;) so many winky smilies.. haha the official supramania passive aggressive emoticon ;)

well.. found out today that my student loans are all going through successfully and i AM OFFICIALLY moving to cleveland in about 2 weeks.. wish me luck.:aigo: