supraracer49s red supra build

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
So here’s the story Malloynx put a rod through his beautiful red supra and I got the privilege to buy it. However I also got the privilege of having to bring it back to life. Its going to be a blast working on this car and hopefully turn into one of the cleanest and reliable running mkiiis out there (with a lot of work). Here are the first pics sorry I forgot to bring my camera to my dads shop so no pics of taking the motor and tranny out.

blownyy8.png

bayzt0.png

bay2rs5.png

Attachments

• blown4[1].jpg
    blown4[1].jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
I just talked to my dad and he ordered a 1jz front clip with a DS and LSD with 67k miles on it so thats going in it when it arrives hopefully in a couple of weeks!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
high psi 1jz said:
Damn clean in and out. What is the corrosion or white stuff in the engine bay?
It caught fire, so I'm guessing it's from a fire extinguisher.................;)

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
Some progress pics taken a long time ago sorry for the delay!

newbay2rp6.png

newbayrb2.png

newbay3af2.png

I know I oversprayed the crap out of it but its better than it was!

relax

Sep 23, 2006
san diego
god its so clean :biglaugh: it makes me sad when i look at my faded supra :cry: but got a few question what seats are those and what wheels are those?

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
Thanks Everyone for the nice comments!:icon_bigg They are DAD seats and they feel AWESOME! They are a cheap alternative to sparco and other seats about $400 for a set. The wheels are from a mustang and thats all I am going to say because everyone likes them but I kinda want mike's car to be the only one with them. I think it can be a way to recognize his old/my new car from all the other red supra's. He got that question a lot and I am now getting it too but I think we kinda want to keep it on the down low.