SupraMario's 78 Rolla Build AKA the IS50

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hachigo87;1590988 said:
Sorry, worded that wrong.. I meant the 4age is more fun than the 2tc even though it only has a little over 100hp.

I figured, the 2tc is SLOW and just weak as hell. Damn thing cries trying to make it over a hill lol.

SupraMario;1591032 said:
I figured, the 2tc is SLOW and just weak as hell. Damn thing cries trying to make it over a hill lol.

Haha yeahh, that's how my 4ac was, basically a single cam carb version of the 4age. Like I said the 4age is no 2jz or even 7m, but for the chassis it'll make a world of difference. Something worth looking into anyhow. Be a decent power boost and N/A which would be cheaper and more reliable than anything boosted. You leaning toward anything in particular?

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hachigo87;1591059 said:
Haha yeahh, that's how my 4ac was, basically a single cam carb version of the 4age. Like I said the 4age is no 2jz or even 7m, but for the chassis it'll make a world of difference. Something worth looking into anyhow. Be a decent power boost and N/A which would be cheaper and more reliable than anything boosted. You leaning toward anything in particular?

I want this to be a fun DD, reliable and comfort. I know this sounds insane, but I'm looking for an IS300 interior to put into the car.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ms07s;1591332 said:
I would guess lots of fab work would be in order to make that work.

Yep...but How bad ass would it be to have an 78 Rolla with Modern interior/engine that can DD it everywhere....and still look awesome as the old school rolla does.

I'll be calling it the IS31

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ok, well update on this, I've bought a 4age, with 0 miles on it, was rebuilt buy a friend who works in a shop here in town called Carma (shout out to them BTW awesome guys, know their shit) and well this is what will be going into the car.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ERC3sp/4age/

p1633076_1.jpg

p1633076_2.jpg

p1633076_3.jpg

p1633076_4.jpg

p1633076_5.jpg

p1633076_6.jpg

p1633076_7.jpg

It has everything but the electronics and I think I've found a full set of those too.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Been browsing ebay and a few other sites...and I've gotta say...parts ARE CHEAP AS FUCK FOR THIS MOTOR!!
LoL i guess I'm so used to 2jzgte parts cost wise that this motor seems cheap as hell lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
After spending a while in the Supra world, going back to lightweight cars seems like a bargain. Traction's cheaper, brakes are cheaper, power's cheaper, gas is cheaper... Hence my Supra is going to be a high power highway monster, I'll build something else after I'm done with that to satisfy my "putting" around. Something like this wouldn't be at all out of character for me. Good deal on the 4age man. :)

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1633360 said:
After spending a while in the Supra world, going back to lightweight cars seems like a bargain. Traction's cheaper, brakes are cheaper, power's cheaper, gas is cheaper... Hence my Supra is going to be a high power highway monster, I'll build something else after I'm done with that to satisfy my "putting" around. Something like this wouldn't be at all out of character for me. Good deal on the 4age man. :)

LOL, well this is my 3rd car, the other 2 where both supras...so I've been in the Pay to Play game always never really new what else was out there. Now that I'm looking around, this looks like its going to be a way cheaper project than I once thought. Gonna do a cage on it, cause I'm scared shitless of how thin the metal is on this bastard lol, and the interior. I've pretty much given up on the idea of coilovers in the rear as I can't find anyone who has actually swapped out the damn thing. So leaf springs it is.

BTW Could a Mod Please change the title to, SupraMario's 78 Rolla Build AKA the IS50

Ty

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
2JZ Swap? There is a guy on here that did a 2JZ swap in a Starlet. That one is almost finished. If you ported that 4A to the maximum, you could get some good NA power out of that thing. High CP compression custom pistons as well would work well and throw in some methanol injection.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IBoughtASupra;1633416 said:
2JZ Swap? There is a guy on here that did a 2JZ swap in a Starlet. That one is almost finished. If you ported that 4A to the maximum, you could get some good NA power out of that thing. High CP compression custom pistons as well would work well and throw in some methanol injection.

I've got a 2jzge lol, just didn't want to use that motor....dunno I wanted something smaller and better gas mileage. The 4age was or is the perfect motor for this in my eyes.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1633625 said:
Keep in mind a bigger engine in a light chassis will require less throttle opening to maintain the same speed so "economy" isn't going to be a whole bunch different Mario :D

True, but if you have a lead foot one can get you into trouble quicker than the other lol.

And Ty Shaeff