SupraJDS's Build Thread**New Pictures**

What color should I powder coat my rims?

• Bronze face with chrome lips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
My interior has been gutted for over a year and I was getting tired of it so me and my girlfriends brother decided to build a rear seat delete in black suede. There really wasn't a lot information on here so It was a lot of trail and error. It took us a day and a half to get this far and it is not a finished. I need to reinstall all of the rear interior trim, cut another piece of mdf wood for the little hump, attach it using hinges, and cover the old plywood in the back with suede. We should be done by the end of the week...weather permitting.

Here are some pictures:
p1881587_1.jpg

p1881587_2.jpg

p1881587_3.jpg

p1881587_4.jpg

p1881587_5.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
My father just did this, he used two steel backings from two original rear seats in his Opel Manta, one for the top cover and one cut up to shape around his roll cage, it pops up with gas struts and the battery and tool kit are mounted where the rear seat would be.

Yours looks very tidy, great idea. Look nice towards the rear arm rests matches up quite nice by the looks of it in the photos.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Thanks ryan we spent alot of time on it. We will be resuming the project today and I'll take some more pictures. I just ordered a black suede dash cover too so I am excited to see how it will look.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
SupraJDS;1882883 said:
Thanks ryan we spent alot of time on it. We will be resuming the project today and I'll take some more pictures. I just ordered a black suede dash cover too so I am excited to see how it will look.

Like a dash mat ? I have been looking for a left hand drive one for so long now before the summer weather ..

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
We are basically done the rear seat delete and black suede in the hatch area. We ran out of fabric to cover the middle area but it will be done next week. Here are some pictures:

p1883190_1.jpg

p1883190_2.jpg

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
ryansmith- Yeah a dash mat by DashDesigns... I saw it listed on Rockauto.com so I wanted to try it out/I think it will look good with the hatch area. I'll take some pictures when I get it/give a review on the quality and etc..

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Picked up a BIC Exhaust from a kind of "local" (About an hour away)member on here. This was my dream exhaust system so I had to have it. It was alittle rusty so I wire-wheeled and resprayed it. Here is what it looks like now:

p1884581_1.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to install it this weekend/ take some video

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Well the lift at work is still broken so the exhaust will have to wait till next week. I did get the Dash Designs mat today and installed it. I'm really surprised how nice it fits... It could use a little more Velcro but it should hold fine with what was supplied. Here are some pictures:

p1885138_1.jpg

Tested fit-
p1885138_2.jpg

Installed-
p1885138_3.jpg

Good news- I found a garage for the winter!
Next interior pieces will be a steering wheel cover and new armrest and ebrake boot.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Preview Collage and short video clip of my photo shoot with CSM Photography!

Video:
[video=youtube_share;KjIoFvXiBpc]http://youtu.be/KjIoFvXiBpc[/video]
p1897722_1.png

Attachments

• joshmk3supra.png
    joshmk3supra.png
    782 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: