SupraForums?

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
Greetings all. Forgive me for starting a thread about a different forum, but I have a problem. I realize I'm not exactly a "frequent flyer" either on here, or any other forum any more. I just don't have the time any more and have somewhat lost interest in my Supra project (which is awaiting paint as we speak). However, I have no lost the respect I have for the Supra and Supra community. Which brings me to my question. I have seemed to be locked out of SupraForums.com. Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened? I can't even contact anyone regarding the issue. I just go on there (as well as on this forum) once a week or so and surf around and browse builds, conversations, issues, etc. in an attempt at expanding my knowledge and understanding of these machines. However, I signed on one day and BAM! Can't do anything at all. I'm even restricted on what sub-forums I can view. I'm not a hostile person nor am I a shit-stirrer, so I don't believe that there was any reason for my being disciplined.
If someone wouldn't mind doing me a huge favor and contact an administrator regarding this issue on that forum, I would appreciate it. My screen name on there is SupraDupra500.

Thanks for the help!
-Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraDupra500;1643730 said:
If someone wouldn't mind doing me a huge favor and contact an administrator regarding this issue on that forum, I would appreciate it. My screen name on there is SupraDupra500.

Josh,

I disagree with the methods they use, your case being a glaring example. How can someone correct behavior or understand what they've done wrong when you don't tell them what they did and don't give them any avenue to ask a question? But as they say, their house, their rules...

(And people think our infraction system is harsh - at least here you know what you did wrong....)

With that said, I've still got friends in the Admin staff over there - I've sent a request - I'll let you know what they say.

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
Well you are not alone. Im here now and not there at all because I guess I got permanently banned from that site. Supramania is way better anyways.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I am on both forums, It seems like the community is a more into supra's and being friends on here.. There are both crowds on ssupraforums but it seems most people are just shit talkers and arm chair racers.. People that assume shit and don't know what their talking about.. I Like supramania and give props to all the staff here that help contribute to having such a useful and well organized website!

Thanks

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Ive never used SUpra Forums, because I cant even create an account there. Everytime i, I cant get past the verification sage (where you ahve to type those two words into a box beolw). But I havent heard too many good things about that site. On the the other ahnd, my time here at SUpramania has been great. Its one of the best forums I'm, the other one being team-integra.

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
Well I'm certainly glad to hear I'm not the only one in this situation. I do much prefer surpamania over supraforums. I just like to check out builds and read some of the outrageous claims and shit talking. It's amusing to me.
SupraCentral - Thanks for the help, keep me posted on your findings. (Sorry for posting in wrong area)
Jon - It has for sure been a while! One of these days we'll have to make plans to do something. Shoot me a PM some time.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraDupra500;1643816 said:
SupraCentral - Thanks for the help, keep me posted on your findings.

Response so far is:

I haven't found anything noteworthy yet, but will share if I find something.

Doesn't seem like their system is a well organized/run as ours. We have a discussion thread on every infraction/ban in the moderator forum.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
ForcedTorque;1644253 said:
A quick search of their members list (pg 113 of the "S") does not show you as a member at all. My bet is you were deleted for not posting in a certain amount of time, with no explanation.

Negative -- SF never deletes users, since they attract paid advertisers, the number of accounts is "bragging rights" for how many people advertisers can reach.

However banned users are hidden in the memberlist.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
They do delete users, I was on hiatus for a year or so on all supra forums when I didn't have a supra to work on. At some point my user on SF was deleted, they didn't even give me a warning. More annoying than anything.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Cz.;1644571 said:
They do delete users, I was on hiatus for a year or so on all supra forums when I didn't have a supra to work on. At some point my user on SF was deleted, they didn't even give me a warning. More annoying than anything.

That must have been during one of their "holy shit this website is slow, trim down the database" phases.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
BHAHAHAHAHAA!!! i Got my other screen name which was Laotionracer101 banned fro SF during that phase, i simply made another account name Laotionracer102... I gots plenty more where that came from >: )

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Haha yep, I really only have a SF account to look at pages that someone on here linked to. Other than that I RARELY use my acct on there. Funny thing is I used to use SF when I started getting into Supras; but thankfully I got a PM from Supracentral [on supraforums] pointing me to this site. Best decision ive ever made as far as picking forums go.

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
Well, I don't think my user name was Deleted because I can still log in. I just can't do anything at all. Can't post, can't look at some threads, nothing. Oh well, I don't really care that much, just wanted to know the reason.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraDupra500;1645158 said:
Well, I don't think my user name was Deleted because I can still log in. I just can't do anything at all. Can't post, can't look at some threads, nothing. Oh well, I don't really care that much, just wanted to know the reason.

I believe that is the (insulting) thing they call "time out".

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
laotionracer101;1644629 said:
BHAHAHAHAHAA!!! i Got my other screen name which was Laotionracer101 banned fro SF during that phase, i simply made another account name Laotionracer102... I gots plenty more where that came from >: )

Having two usernames here will get you banned in short order too. There is a reason behind that, unless you have a valid excuse for having two names (which pretty much consists of: "I forgot my password/ my email was hacked, etc... so I just made a new SN."

We are strict that way as well, as often times scammers will use alternate names to rip off our members and then join the hate crowd on their normal SN demanding that the ripped off user get their money back. Effectively, they're playing both sides of the field in order to keep cover.

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
I have been finding my self spending more time on there lately than here but only due to their Southern forum Louisiana thread primarily having more people from my area than on here. I like more people here by far though. As stated there is less bull shit here and flameing unless some post something really dumb then it's fair game.