supra, what do you think ?

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
MA717MGTE said:
i wouldnt trust it, most of the structual integrity is gone from hacking it up!

It's probably no weaker then your average sport roof. 2 foot gap or no roof at all...what's the difference?

That's why I sought out a hardtop when I bought my car. How could it be any more "flexy" than a sport roof? I know that the sportroofs are appealing for some, but from a performance point of view, it's not a very desirable option.

Toyota might as well have offered a convertible, when you consider the loss of chassis rigidity that a sport roof causes.

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
thats pretty gross, im glad everyone agrees, minus one. but at the same time i cant help thinking thats just as ugly as some of these haggard wide body jobs ive seen that some ppl love. its no good if there are bolts showin on the exterior!/hacked up!

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I actually think there's some work done....It needs some more work and a little de-tune and some paint, and you probably have a veery nice car, if the bottom is nicely hardened. And if that'd be made probably many of you would be jealous and saying ''Oooh, aaah, how cool''

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
suprabad said:
It's probably no weaker then your average sport roof. 2 foot gap or no roof at all...what's the difference?

That's why I sought out a hardtop when I bought my car. How could it be any more "flexy" than a sport roof? I know that the sportroofs are appealing for some, but from a performance point of view, it's not a very desirable option.

Toyota might as well have offered a convertible, when you consider the loss of chassis rigidity that a sport roof causes.

If you take a look Sport Roof a.k.a Aero Top has these big blocks that are on the door, and they slot into the pillar when you close it increasing structural rigidity... they aren't that foolish to just chop a roof off without anything to suffice?

Take a look at someone's with an Aero top and compare it to your door you'll see the big difference.