Supra vs. Soarer...

S

SupraSith

Is one clip more desirable than the other for doing a 1jz swap?

S

SupraSith

I've got a Supra.

I figured the Supra one would be easier, just didn't know if there were other advantages/disadvantages due to design, etc. I've seen people put Soarer clips into Supras.

anorexicpoodle

Apr 4, 2005
Los Angeles
The sump is the same, i have a soarer engine in my supra. The Chaser MarkII and Cresta engines are front sump and need to be changed. All of the above use a sidemount intercooler, and different engine brackets (need to source supra brackets) and use a different oem downpipe (buy a new aftermarket one) and most were auto (need a toyota JZA70 bellhousing to mate to your R154)

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
Anybody know the performance differences between a stock JZ A70 (5 spd), and a stock 5spd 1jz soarer? Also what is the weight difference?
Thanks.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
Soarers seem to put down more whp on twins due to the GEN 2 design and whatever ECU changes were made since they are newer by 2-5 years.
I think its more of the ecu having different mapping then anything..

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
sorry to get off topic, but what car that was sold in the US market that would resemble the chaser in JDM land? Id love to make a chaser sexiest sedan ever.

~scott

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
The OLDDDDDDDDD chasers, the cressida. Other then that, nothing.

The sexiest car Toyota ever made was the JZX100 Chaser 2.5 Twin turbo 5spd TRD Edition. There is no comparable american car.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
scottiedawg66 said:
thats what i thought, I love the Tom's Chaser from gran turismo 3 and im moving to Australia so i can get it, im out peace.

~scott

Haha...Scott, that is the first car I am getting when I land there :naughty: :evil2: . We should be neighbours down under... lol