Supra vs new Nissan

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
So I was on my way home earlier from school in Mufreesboro, when I look over and see this bad ass Nissan come flying past me. Me being the dumbass I am, decide to open the Supra up a bit. So at about 90 I catch the Nissan, and pass it by like 2 car lengths. When out of no where I hear the meanest sounding engine I have ever heard in my life! Then out of nowhere it blows past me at well over 100 MPH. Then I see the sexiest car ever! It was a Nissan GTR!!!!!! Cali plates. The only car that has beaten me so far. I have beaten a few Porches, a few BMWs, a new Camaro SS....Even a small crotch rocket. But this car.....I never stood a chance. Had it of been any other car, I would have rushed to my garage and hid the Supra for fear of being laughed at...... But this was a GT-R! and I kept up with it....even if it was for only a few seconds....lmao

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Oh believe me I don't feel bad at all. When he shot away from me, I had a moment in my head from The Fast and The Furious, when Brian loses to Dom for the first time and is laughing and says to Dom, " Dude I almost had you! " That is all I can think of.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
91Supra313;1634679 said:
Oh believe me I don't feel bad at all. When he shot away from me, I had a moment in my head from The Fast and The Furious, when Brian loses to Dom for the first time and is laughing and says to Dom, " Dude I almost had you! " That is all I can think of.

It was one of those good losing feelings

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
There is a local GTR I see about once a week or so. It's a NASTY sounding car for sure. The guy really babies it and whenever I'm next to him at a light or whatever...he purposefully never even looks over. He definitely has that, "I'm out of your league" attitude...but it's totally warranted haha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I wanna get an R32 one of these days and embarrass the new GT-R guys for even thinking that they're even deserving of the same badge...

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
te72;1634711 said:
I wanna get an R32 one of these days and embarrass the new GT-R guys for even thinking that they're even deserving of the same badge...

It's going to be quite a few years until you can get an R32 over here legally.

As far as the good losing feeling.....DAMN RIGHT! That is one car I really didn't mind losing too. It was a Silver one from Cali.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
91Supra313;1634725 said:
It's going to be quite a few years until you can get an R32 over here legally.

Living in Wyoming has it's perks. If it has anything even remotely resembling a VIN, I'd be willing to bet I could register it. Biggest issue would be getting it here in the first place...

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
te72;1634865 said:
Living in Wyoming has it's perks. If it has anything even remotely resembling a VIN, I'd be willing to bet I could register it. Biggest issue would be getting it here in the first place...
I don't doubt that you could register it. Problem would be getting it past customs. That just would not happen unless you have enough cash sitting around to me it DOT legal and that is over $30k. I know because I have done the research. I actually have a sticky thread on the main home page here about it. Supracenttral went ahead and tossed it on there.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

brgrubbs24;1634882 said:
those gtr's do sound sick!!!..and they will pull you back in your seat for shure..was it a black one??? my buddy shane lives in smyrna and he has a black one,I WANT IT SOOOO BAD

Eh man, I have been trying to get in touch with. Need to get this man a cell phone. Tired of calling Heather all the time because she never answers the dang phone. Get ahold of your buddy because I would love to see one sitting in one place and not blowing past me. If you read one of my others posts in this thread I said it was silver..... No big deal, noone ever listens to me. lol.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
There is a guy selling a R34 in Jersey that is registered and 50 state legal. He said he would trade for a MKIV too. I would like to have an R34 and kill those GT-Rs.

rshn117

Aug 16, 2008
se CT
i dont quite understand why those gtrs are so looked up to. the car has no soul id rather have my mk3 than look like a tool in a 2 ton computer with wheels

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
^ I have nothing against GTR's, but they're aren't all that. They're fast as hell and really do sound badass though. I'd take a turbo A over it any day!

To the OP, what are your numbers?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
New GTR is just too big/ugly...just like the new Evo.

And if you heard it, it's not stock. Stock they're quiet (and boring)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
91Supra313;1634987 said:
I don't doubt that you could register it. Problem would be getting it past customs. That just would not happen unless you have enough cash sitting around to me it DOT legal and that is over $30k. I know because I have done the research. I actually have a sticky thread on the main home page here about it. Supracenttral went ahead and tossed it on there..
I believe ya. There's always someone in the way of our dreams, right? Kinda like the house-shop-mancave I'd like to build, but that's another story for another time...

rshn117;1649190 said:
i dont quite understand why those gtrs are so looked up to. the car has no soul id rather have my mk3 than look like a tool in a 2 ton computer with wheels
This is my biggest issue with them. I'm sure just about any of us could run the Nurburgring in under 9:00 with a couple laps under our belts. How much of that car's speed is the electronics, and how much of it is the driver???

Poodles;1649337 said:
New GTR is just too big/ugly...just like the new Evo.
Funny these cars started getting fat after the USDM versions came out, coincidence?

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
te72;1649409 said:
This is my biggest issue with them. I'm sure just about any of us could run the Nurburgring in under 9:00 with a couple laps under our belts. How much of that car's speed is the electronics, and how much of it is the driver???

I drove a 2009 GT-R at the Nissan dealer my buddy works at, about a year and a half ago. 140mph in 4th, two gears to go, and then...we hit hills. Oh my god, we hit hills. Yeah, these things are incredibly fast freeway cars, but they HANDLE, too. The driver's portion is having the reaction time and downright balls to keep it on the road and going fast when you're doing 10, 20mph faster through a hairpin curve than you would even dare trying in your Supra. In short, those electronics make all of the car's phenomenal performance accessible to the driver; plus, a lot of the driver assists can be turned off. Traction control, skid recovery, and the shifting options come to mind, as does the automatic brake biasing...all of which can be turned off.

My biggest problem is that the ECU logs *EVERYTHING*, like Big Brother status. If you use launch mode, it records it, and it'll void your warranty as soon as you take it to the dealer for something. On the other hand, it's already equipped with a full-on data acquisition and logging system...which we all know is quite useful. I'll wait until I can find a used 08/09 model, probably sometime in like 2016. Price drop > *