Supra vs. Grand National

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
So I was cruising up us41 through town today with a friend of mine when i saw what looked to be a monte carlo.. as he got up next to me, i noticed it was a Grand National. i actually know the guy, he came in Advance Auto [(which is where i work )part of mgmt team] and bought a new engine, new transmission and had his turbo re-worked i think it may have been modified im not sure but i think it was still stock.

So i give it a little gas and let the bov hiss at him. he did nothing. so i put it in 4th and boosted a bit and got 2 cars ahead and let off. he caught up to me and gave it hell. he got a jump on me, but i reeled him in quick at 2/3 throttle and 7 psi and walked him. i let off and cruised a bit. i looked in my rear view mirror and there he was closing in fast so i gave it another 2/3 throttle about 8 psi and walked away again. well we catch a light me and my buddy both look over and he just waves and has this look on his face like 'damn i just got owned by a rice burner'. we then went our separate ways.

Well, its not one of the greatest kill stories ever, but i was pretty stoked that i finally got to see what one of those things had. and its not too bad for stock boost and everything. but the car was in great shape. And no i dont have a video of it. lol. didnt have a cam with me!

-Josh

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
MDCmotorsports said:
:bsflag:

My little holset did all that?

Much love Josh, much love

racingtoyota007 said:
Probably because he bought a engine from advanced auto lmao jk jk. nice kill Ha.

lol..funny guys.. fuuunnny guys:biglaugh:

but yea im totally impressed with what that turbo is capable of!
thanks for the props fellas!

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I had a GN kill a few months back, they are one of the few american made cars that are just badass, and a lot of people know lil about them. The one I beat has intake and an exhaust upgrade, runniong 16 PSI on its stock turbo. I had mods I have now and only puled 4 cars away total up to 105mph in a 35 LOL around 2 a.m. but it was 82 degrees and 90% humidity, both of us would have been faster without that lol

NICE KILL AND YES MK4 OWNERS ARE COCKY ARROGANT RUDE SELF CENTERED 9 OUTTA 10 TIMES (Please don't bitch me out for saying the truth, mk4 owners if this offends you sorry but you know its true to)

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
lol.........one friend of mine owns a mk4 and hes surprisingly not cocky at all. of course he's n/a 5spd, but he has owned 2 or 3 mk3's before he got the mk4. so he respects the mk3

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Nice kill! US MKIV owners are probably cocky and arrogant as a defense mechanism. Deep down inside they know they paid way too much for their 10 year old Toyota and they hate themselves for it. So what they do is they deflect all this self loathing and shame onto us, "the commoners" with our "lowly" MKIII's.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
RHDMK3 said:
Nice kill! US MKIV owners are probably cocky and arrogant as a defense mechanism. Deep down inside they know they paid way too much for their 10 year old Toyota and they hate themselves for it. So what they do is they deflect all this self loathing and shame onto us, "the commoners" with our "lowly" MKIII's.

Or they are cocky and arrogant because they have a car with potential to make a lot of power easily. :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
sigh. will the mkiv owner stereotype ever end? i honestly want to know how many people just assume that behind the keyboard warriors are actually arrogant people. why don't you give them a chance face to face before you go uplifting your own egos by trying to diminish theirs, without them even being there to defend themselves.

besides, keep in mind that the OWNER of this forum is also an mkiv guy. ;)

-shaeff

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I have known 7 mk4 owners personally and met prolly 20 or maybe more in a non chalant way at meets etc, trust me man they are COCKY and sometimes RUDE. I'm not saying they all are but its not a stereotype shaeff, you're not the exception that makes the rule you just happen to be a normal dude with a car thats owned by mostly cocky arrogant dudes who know jack crap about anything but what they own. I'f I had a mk4 I'd be too busy driving it to talk to anyone LOL.

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
There was a guy who owned a performance shop in Indianapolis (that is now closed). He used to own a big HP MKIV. I saw him at a car show getting out of his car, so I walked over to admire the car and he didnt say a word to me until i said. "very nice car" and asked him about his mods. he asked if i own a supra and i said yea. He said Really?! what year!? i told him an 88 and an 87. he said oh ok... and walked off. C-O-C-K-Y FTL