supra starts , but some times hasitat

orbis-gte

Sep 7, 2008
Kentucky
hi guys , i have a supra 7mgte with a low miles, it normaly starts good , and fast . but some times hazitate. the rpm jumps slowly to reach to 1,
and if u press gas, it the rpm goes up but u can feel as its miss firing , for few seconds and then it works good,
this happens rearly..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Cheap and easy thing to check might be the spark plugs. Install a new set for $15 and also maybe install some new wires. If anything it is good maintenance to do anyways.

Also if you dont know here is how to check codes;)

jo7mge

ENIGMA
Jul 19, 2007
Anaheim
check your wireing to your battery that the terminal posts are snug this was happening to me a couple days ago just undid the terminals and tightened them again and she was good as new or..... shooting out in to the park could be your starter?..... also check your cap a rotor basic maintance stuff that could screw you if they go untouched and unoticed

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
I would say check your grounds, or your fuses. I had a car act that way some times, it was either it did it or not just came and go as it wanted. I had a fuse that was almost burnt out and it was the ecu fuse might check that.

orbis-gte

Sep 7, 2008
Kentucky
i have tried that , but the starter is good . it starts well . but when it starts the rpm goes up like u are running out of fuel , after few sec it goes back to 8.0 and it runs normal . i tired it again and it workes fine , only when its hot sometimes not always, its like it trying to pick up to a normal rpm , but it just stuttering to be to normal rpm,