Supra Sounds

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
Hello. I haven't posted in ages because my Supra has been sick and stored away. Well I finally figured out the problem just this weekend, and since it was raining, I didn't really get a chance to romp on it much.

Woke up today and it was sunny and dry, so I took her for a spin to dial in my MBC, and brought a camera to record some of my favorite Supra sounds. Had it about 13 PSI in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZWlEx5sdmY

:love:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
JPsToyota;1408102 said:
^ Wow dude, pick a better spot to go fast in than a 30mph residential area lined with cars. Your video scared me. :biglaugh:

I lived there for 15 years, it's usually a very quiet street, so no worries here..:D

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
RazoE;1408096 said:
you need an aftermarket boost gauge! Better hope your MBC doesn't fail and you hit 20psi and KABLOOOIE!!!

There's an Autometer 30 PSI gauge on the pillar with a NB A/F. And the vid makes it sound quieter than it is. I set off car alarms at idle so I think it's loud enough... :sarcasm:

kamikazemkiii;1408112 said:
Better have the right mods
Such as?

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWK9bD8Aj6g

I didn't floor it because it would have downshifted. Although it would have been a bit quicker had I let it do that, it would have also spiked and hit fuel cut again. Having trouble getting the MBC dialed in where it won't pass that boundary.

So this is all third gear. I don't know why it paused for a sec towards the end, I didn't feel any slip or anything, but it happened right as I applied full throttle once I was sure it wouldn't downshift. Really starting to want to swap a 5 speed...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
Yea, got em from eBay a few years back. I don't like the faces that glow, only the markings. Normally, I'm not a big fan of them anyway but I thought they fit the white package well. They glow greenish in the vids to match the dash lighting, and they flip to bright blue with the flick of the switch to match the white and blue look of the car in the daytime.

RazoE;1409039 said:
make sure you fill up again before you make anymore vids..:biglaugh:

And to think, I've put over $40 in it the last few days... :naughty:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I used to have those on my old 240sx and my 89 Supra. Very fun to install (sarcasm), especially the oil gauge. Simple to get up and running though, just ground and 12 volt source (used the cig lighter)...

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
^yup, tapped my power from the cig lighter too. But I don't have a cig lighter anymore, I took that shizz out and installed a volt meter there.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Perfect fit, didn't need to enlarge the hole at all so there are no marks on the rubber.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
nice! I have my boost gauge there. I had to cut out a little bit of rubber with a razor, but it looks really nice, in my opinion, as the silver bezel around it overlaps...

however, I want to relocate it to a place where I won't have to move my eyes very far from the road...