supra smoking after boosting

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
hey whats up you guys.

well my block just got rebiuld (barely have like 100 miles on it) head was used off another car and i have hks 1.2 mhg, arp's, intercooler,3 inch exhaust from turbo back and a 60-1 turbo so i was wondering how can i tell if its my turbo thats smoking?

it doesnt do it at idle, only when im driving and i tend to slow down on a gear instead of nuetral (to give it some load) and when ,i get to the light or a couple feet before i do, i see a small cloud of smoke.

do you guys think i need a catch can already or the seals on turbo?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
Mods are listed above but here they are any ways.

3 inch exhaust from turbo back,intercooler kit,60-1 turbo.
That's it for mods besides hks mhg and arp's.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
a small piece of mind if your block was machined when it was rebuilt iv always been told to run a know working not highly valued to one self turbo as durning the machining process metal shavings get hide out even after thoroughly cleaning the block and once oil is ran through the motor shavings could end up in the turbo damaging seals and bearings/bushings not saying this is the case just throwing out another scenario did you put new valve seals in the head those like to leak at high rpms at times

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Did you load the engine while breaking it in?
You should have run it up to decent rpm and load, then decelerated in gear to put it under vacuum pressure,
about a dozen times, and used a straight weight oil, to avoid the extra additives. This is to seat the rings.

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
supraguy@aol;1808470 said:
Did you load the engine while breaking it in?
You should have run it up to decent rpm and load, then decelerated in gear to put it under vacuum pressure,
about a dozen times, and used a straight weight oil, to avoid the extra additives. This is to seat the rings.

I concur.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
I do have this same exact problem and it has been doing it for awhile now. I have basically the same mods.

I've replaced my turbo and valve seals I have good compression 165+ in all cylinders.

Still have this issue but no knock and car runs great no real significance in oil loss between changes and i run the shit out of my car.

I wanna say it needs to be tuned.

A lot of people seem to have this same issue.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
well i barely have 100 (100 miles, not 100 k miles) miles on the block and yes i did put straight grade oil in it and yes i did decelated in a gear to put some back pressure on the ring.
im still doing it once in a while.lol

ahh sucks man.

im gonna try to get a catch can see if it helps then goes my turbo cause i did buy it used off and ebay user more then like 2 years ago.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
in my bikes and quads iv always broke a motor in like i was going to ride it a lot of people have diff theories on how and what is the proper way to seat rings is but the method iv been taught and using seems to work very well i highly doubt its your rings id lean towards the turbo seals catch can wouldn't hurt either