supra security?

Feb 16, 2007
TN, USA
Security alarm activated by accident. Stranded in parking lot. Do not own remote for vehicle. Any hints to restart and escape parking lot? Or any info on time reset?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Do you have the key for the car? Is it the factory alarm? Try putting the key in the door lock and turning or the ignition and turning.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Lock and close the doors.
Wait till the security light starts flashing.
Unlock the door. If driver door does not do it, repeat process and unlock passenger door.

lifted

Jun 13, 2006
memphis
AF1JZ said:
Do you have the key for the car? Is it the factory alarm? Try putting the key in the door lock and turning or the ignition and turning.

if i just turn the door lock with the key it will deactivate mine. i bought my car with a aftermarket alarm, and they left the factory one installed. they dont work well together, sometimes when i hit the unlock button on my remote it sets off the factory alarm.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
lifted said:
if i just turn the door lock with the key it will deactivate mine. i bought my car with a aftermarket alarm, and they left the factory one installed. they dont work well together, sometimes when i hit the unlock button on my remote it sets off the factory alarm.

The stock alarm is very easy to integrate with an aftermarket. Look up the details of your after market's wiring and see if it's got provisions for disabling a factory alarm... otherwise, just get a little creative.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
mkIIIforeverdrifting said:
Security alarm activated by accident. Stranded in parking lot. Do not own remote for vehicle. Any hints to restart and escape parking lot? Or any info on time reset?

The trunk lock has an input too doesnt it.

Thanks to Bishop and some other tips I ripped that thing out of the car and never looked back.

Viper FTW

V

Feb 16, 2007
TN, USA
Ok its stock security and I asked the boys at toyota if it had one and they said no, so i locked the doors. Neither the trunk or passernger side are able to bypass the security and deactivate it and my drivers side door key hole looks like someone tried to hack it open using a screwdriver so i can put key in but can't turn it either way. I'll break the key b4 i get that thing to turn. So in regards to the guy who said he took it out. If you could link the thread about it or just tell me where to look to just cut the wires let me know thanks.

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
By the steering column there is a box that says theft deterrent. Unplug box from harness, cut and ground orange wire... no more factory alarm. Upgrade to an aftermarket one. Please correct me if im wrong
-Steve

Feb 16, 2007
TN, USA
AF1JZ said:
mkIIIforeverdrifting, I'm assuming this is your car right?
na i'm trying to steal someone elses(j/k) ya its my car had the roof off b/c i spent 4 hours replacing the regulator for drivers side window and finally could lower both windows and finally poped the top and came out of store and going off info from toyota mech who said there was no alarm just reached in and unlocked the doors(they sometimes lock themselves out of nowhere think theres a short or something I think i'm just going to rip the bitch out like someone suggested only question wheres the blue w/ orange wire located? Is it right where you pull the computer? and wheres a good place to ground it or where you or others have found a good place to ground it. Thanks for all the help.

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
theres a way ou can bypass the alarm at the hood if you pop the hood next to the hood lach theres a little conector you jsut have to jump the side going in to the car not the one to the hood latch with a paper clip or some thing the alarm will thing a door is open and not arm.but if you search theres a couple of threads on how to by pass the hole sistem it easy ground one wire jsut cant rember wich one.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
*sigh*

im going to start a thread.... how to steal a supra INCLUDING how to stop alarm from going off....

WHY do we have these threads.... i dont believe for one second if you have the key to this car that you cant get the alarm to turn off with it.

Feb 16, 2007
TN, USA
Idealsupra said:
*sigh*

im going to start a thread.... how to steal a supra INCLUDING how to stop alarm from going off....

WHY do we have these threads.... i dont believe for one second if you have the key to this car that you cant get the alarm to turn off with it.

B/C I have the key to my supra and it doesn't work, I've tried going through the trunk that doesn't work, tried going through passenger as soon as I unlock it alarm sounds, I can't do it by drivers side b/c when I bought the car failed to notice that the key hole looks like someone took a screwdriver to it and jacked it up so I can put the key in but it can't turn either way. And the thing w/ this is if you don't have the key and you break it open to get to the wires and all the security will be going nuts. I have the key and can shut it up by throwin it into the ignition and turning it but it won't start and no way to reset it. So I doubt w/ all the trouble unless they are really determined or its worth the risk someone will go through the hassle of removing it. They'll just do like someone else said and just jump start it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I had to get a new key cut for mine as it's old and rounded, the new one works everytime, no probs, but sometimes the old key will set it off. Make sure the both windows are rolled up all the way, trunk and hood are completely closed before you attempt to disarm the alarm by locking, then unlocking it.

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
Idealsupra said:
*sigh*

I even asked the mods if we could remove these types of threads because of the number of cars being stolen as of late...

Instead of ranting, I'll just STFU. Maybe this should be put in the FAQ so its easier to find...