Supra SCAM on Craigslist list!!! You Must read & be WARN!!

InertiaIsBoost

Dec 29, 2008
Sacramento
Hello To all my citizens of Supra mania!! I'll like to take my time and let you all know that I was on Craigslist couple nights ago and saw a nice supra for $2950 it had 80k mileage on it. And I ask my self that, Is it too good to be True? I respond to her on the email and this is what i got back. To let you all know, This is a SCAM. Supra Central Should take my Post for Evidence, this will help out a lot... This almost Got me, Until That conversation on the EBAY threw me off. Here is one Evidence of a guy that got scam (http://www.ripoffreport.com/Con-Artists/This-Is-A-Fake-EBay/-ebay-vehicle-purchase-protect-9234e.htm ) if you scroll down and click on the other link "How to spot a scam car deal on Craig's List" you'll learn a lot from other people's mistakes, Because I know I did!!!! The bottom part that you are reading is my E-Mail, The Blue text is ME and the Red text is the SCAMMER. After you are done reading the email underneath, then scroll all the way down and you'll see some picture I post of the ads that she post. MY MESSAGE to ALL is BEWARE!! AND BE WISE!!! Punks like These Scammers, can happen to ANYONE!!! If a Scammer comes up with "Vehicle Purchase Protection" First thing you need to know is that its a automatic REDFLAG! keep that in mind. I Even actually use two of my email to respond to her and see what kind of respond did I get. It turns out that I have the same Exact Respond. I would have been a FOOL if I did a WIRE transfer with her. Thanks for Reading!!! I Hope you learn something New from my Experience. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The engine runs very good,i`m the first owner. In order to complete this deal the payment must be sent to eBay. As soon as they receive the payment will notify me to start with delivery. After that you will receive all information about delivery so you can be able to track your shipment online.

eBay will not release the payment to me until you receive and inspect the car (you have 5 days for inspection) If the car is not in same condition as I said you will ship it back on my expense and eBay will send you a full refund.

Now, if you are serious about this and want to move forward, I would need your complete name and shipping address so I can open a case with eBay and after that they will contact you and will explain you better how the whole process works so we can complete this transaction successfully and in the best manner !

Sincerely,Denise

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Mike turbo <boost@hotmail.com> wrote:

Can you give me more detail on the engine, You said it was rebuilt? was it fully rebuilt by toyota? or a shop? I just want to verify everything to make sure before purchase. Are you the first owner of this car as well?

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:52:17 +0200

Subject: Re: 1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Sport Roof - $2950
To:boost@hotmail.com

The price of car $2,950.00USD includes all the shipping costs and handling.
The car is located in Dallas,TX at a shipping and storage company. The sale will be managed through eBay under their Vehicle
Purchase Protection Program since they offer the highest rate of
safety and reliability during online transactions.Here is how it works :
- you give me your full name and shipping address
- I start a transaction with eBay,
- they send you the payment instructions,
- you send the money into eBay trust account,
- they confirm me that the payment was received,
- I ship the car,
- you receive the car in 3 days,
- they send me the money.

The payment type will be establish by eBay after start the transaction. They will hold the money until the car is delivered to you, with properly executed title. You have 5 days for the inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back in 30 business days on my expense, but I am sure that you will love it.

In order to move forward I will need the following info from you so I can set up a new transaction case through eBay:
1. full name
2. shipping address

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Mike turbo <ineedboost@hotmail.com> wrote:

Susan, I absolutely want to buy your CAR. I would also like you to reserve it for me as well Please Do so, because I'm willing to Pay in cash. I'm currently located in Sacramento CAlifornia. Please give me more information about the car and your location, I'm willing to come and pick it up.

Thanks

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 03:43:12 +0200
Subject: Re: 1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Sport Roof - $2950
To: boost@hotmail.com

First of all I want to tell you that I am not selling this car for profit or due a lack of money. All I can say is that some recent events in my life made me change my perception of certain things, things that I&#8217;ve considered important in the past. I will donate all money to charity after I sell this car. I am currently on a trip for UNICEF.

The car has a clear title, is in an excellent condition, no dents or scratches, it was always garaged and regular maintenance and oil changes were done in time. Hasn&#8217;t been involved in an accident or flood damage. The motor runs very well. I don&#8217;t want to offend you but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply.

The transaction will be made through eBay company for the safety of both. I&#8217;ve already included the car into eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection, so I will sell only through this.

If you want to buy the car, and you agree with my terms please reply so I can give you a detailed description of the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you,Suzane

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Mike turbo <boost@hotmail.com> wrote:

Please GEt to me ASAP when you recieve my message. I WANT TO BUY YOUR SUPRA RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• supra order 1.jpg
    supra order 1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 238
  • supra order 2.jpg
    supra order 2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 154
  • supra order 3.jpg
    supra order 3.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
wholy shit dude!!!! i totally got that SAME ONE!!!! its an automated response. i was asking the same questions, after the 3rd one i knew it was bogus, so i ask the lamest question just to piss her off, (remember i knew at this point)

suzan, i am not going to buy your car unless its a cash deal, your post says your in sacramento, im in turlock, 1.5 hours away, i can be there by 8 tonight and maybe we can have dinner and a little fun afterwards!!"

and i got that stupid "change of life..plans" or whatever it was, lmao. so fukin stupid. lol

InertiaIsBoost

Dec 29, 2008
Sacramento
I don't know why she change her name in the email, Thats very odd for me.. This post was also post in California FRESNO and Arizon in the citiy of Tuscan. So Her point location is very odd..... This is the same exact person that screw everyone over, if you actually research "ebay vehicle purchase protection"

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Saw this same ad in the boston area. And last time i checked there were no mountains in texas. always look at the background/scenery. I see cars on the boston clist all the time with palm trees in the background. :nono: The second I hear shipping company, I'm done. Unfortunately she already got your name and email, so your prolly gonna get a bunch of spam now.:icon_frow

InertiaIsBoost

Dec 29, 2008
Sacramento
lewis15498;1448697 said:
Saw this same ad in the boston area. And last time i checked there were no mountains in texas. always look at the background/scenery. I see cars on the boston clist all the time with palm trees in the background. :nono: The second I hear shipping company, I'm done. Unfortunately she already got your name and email, so your prolly gonna get a bunch of spam now.:icon_frow
That email Boost@hotmail I'm using is my secondary email. So even though i get scam, its not my primary email. PLus i never gave her my full real name or shipping address. All I can do is, Tell you guys what to look at for.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
InertiaIsBoost;1448701 said:
That email Boost@hotmail I'm using is my secondary email. So even though i get scam, its not my primary email. PLus i never gave her my full real name or shipping address. All I can do is, Tell you guys what to look at for.

Thats a good thing. I get 1-5 spam emails a day. Also my phone used to ring off the hook from selling stuff on craigslist. Then I put my number on the do not call list and it stopped within a month. We need a do not email list!

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
got a screenshot:
p1448728_1.jpg

that car's been up there for a year, do autotrader ads not expire?

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
Id say its worth 8k. Listing still isnt 100% true tho.

" Fantastic condition, original paint, never any body work, mint interior, clean and clear title. Adult owned and responsibly driven/maintained."

Last time I checked Toyota didn't paint the body trim. When I see stuff like that I always wonder what else isnt true...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
lewis15498;1448729 said:
Id say its worth 8k. Listing still isnt 100% true tho.

" Fantastic condition, original paint, never any body work, mint interior, clean and clear title. Adult owned and responsibly driven/maintained."

Last time I checked Toyota didn't paint the body trim. When I see stuff like that I always wonder what else isnt true...

Yes they did for 91+

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
If they only put an email address,pictures dont match the area, no front license plate (for states that require them), or the deal sounds too good to be true, its a scam.. I would also start your spam blocker, AND do a virus scan.. Thats how they steal email address to use on other scams

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Any time ANYBODY asks for deal over ebay or escrow, you should look elsewhere.

Craigslist 101:

Cash only
Local only
Meet in daylight
Meet in public place if possible
Don't go alone to anyone's place.
etc...