Supra owner, Honda problem

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
hey guys, Super Supra Owner here, this post is a favor for my brother, he doesn't know much about his car but he has a slight problem. I believe it is 1992 Honda Accord, I think it has 1.5 liter Four banger,
His issue is when in any gear, on the acceleration, once he hits about 3500 rpms his car seems like it has no more power to put out, he said it kind of hesitates and the only way to increase speed and power from the car is to shift to the next gear...?
This is how he explained it to me, he said no air leaks, and he is pretty sure the spark plugs and wire set are in good shape...any ideas?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Why did you post this in the N/A forum? Try the OT section or something, or maybe a honda site.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
I know I say this alot but you would be surprised at what a full fledged tune up will alleviate. It' sounds like plugs and or wires. Thinking they are good isn't good enough.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
...thanks, I will definitely relay that message to him and sorry for posting this on the Supra forums but no way was I going to register on a Honda forum (I AM A TOYOTA MN) VROOM

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I have a 91 accord(below) and it doesn't have power above 3k in perfect running condition ;)

OH, and its a freakin 2.2L four banger!!! A honda is one thing.... a 1.5 L Honda would be a Metro.:thumbdown: And there's no way I drive a metro ;)

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
GAS MILEAGE is fine, I definitely will tell him to ditch the HoNdA and get a Supra...he is definitely jealous of mine. I told him about the plugs, wire set, cap, and rotor...but he keeps saying he won't try that because they are fine....so I am done with helping him out.
...OFF TOPIC>>> how do I upload photos into the posts...I have tried and it keeps asking me for a url address or some crap, ??? I have pics of my Supra I want to get in here ...can anyone help!!
By the way , GANGA...SUPRA same thing....lol

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com

Or if its not hosted anywhere online, you can add an attachment

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Suprarook said:
hey guys, Super Supra Owner here, this post is a favor for my brother, he doesn't know much about his car but he has a slight problem. I believe it is 1992 Honda Accord, I think it has 1.5 liter Four banger,
His issue is when in any gear, on the acceleration, once he hits about 3500 rpms his car seems like it has no more power to put out, he said it kind of hesitates and the only way to increase speed and power from the car is to shift to the next gear...?
This is how he explained it to me, he said no air leaks, and he is pretty sure the spark plugs and wire set are in good shape...any ideas?

the 90-93 Accords has the 2.2L FYI...I'm taking a good guess that either his Cam or Dizzy timing is off. Worn timing belts and/or loose dizzy can cause this problem he's having.

Also tell him to check out cb7tuner.com/vbb for the 90-93 Accord Forum.