Supra news.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
macsupra76:

I'm not bashing on you by no means. And I'm glad you're understanding what we mean by it getting annoying. I understand that you realized this as new news to you and you wanted to post about it...but for some of us that frequent the forums for one reason or another, it just gets really old seeing these "new Supra" threads. No personal hate from me...It was all my .02.

:)

Jeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Boost Lee said:
uhhh, uhhh, uhhhh, NEWSFLASH!
Toyota is still providing us with replacement parts...look further down the road if a new Supra came out and the likelyhood of parts even being AVAILABLE will probably travel down the sh*t hole.

uhhh, uhhh, Thanks for your kind words.

Jeff

im not 100% positive, you can ask jeff lange for this one, but i am pretty sure toyota stops producing replacement parts at specific dates after that of manufacture.

it wont make a difference if a new supra comes out. they will still stop making parts regardless.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Alright...No disagreements there. I'm very aware of this...but who's to say that a new Supra coming out wouldn't PUSH this even more?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I thought his post was "the best post ever" because I agreed with this section of it (before I stopped reading because it was too long :D)

Boost Lee said:
People still interested in the Supra name and heritage? First off, let me tell you how MANY damned threads I've participated in arguing over, "NEW SUPRA THIS, NEW SUPRA THAT, Oh noez, FOR SURE, It's REALLZZZZ this time!" Crap and as annoying as it is, It is irritating to a majority of Supra owners. Why, you ask?

Once Toyota made it clear that the concept Supra was no longer an Inline 6...a Majority of Supra owners basically lost all hope.

In comparison, Go find a 1st or 2nd Generation DSM owner that is MADLY in love with the 3rd Generation Eclipse. Why the hatrid? Because it losts it's main powerplant, it's main source and popularity that it was given...the 4G63.

Well, same goes with me. I cannot give you numbers, I cannot speak for EVERY Supra owner here, but I CAN speak for myself, and I think it is a bunch of BS. How many concept cars actually make it to the production line? Not too many.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
xrated89 said:
booooooo electric hybrid
booooooo auto
+1 for style
needs a 7m R154 swap and that thing is gold

Hmmmm.

I think there are a few people participating in this thread that know exactly what I'm about to say about this post...

...but you know what? I think I'm going to hold off this time...er, at least try...but it's awefully tempting. Usually, it's just AUTOMATIC for me to blow up...*hem*.

:nono:

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Somehow all of those people that are complaining about FALSE newsflashes regarding a new Supra, ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ALWAYS FILL THESE THREADS WITH THEIR SAME LAME WINING. If it annoys you all that much, just don't bother reading it! Most of all, don't clutter these pages with your wining or rants, which add to the B.S. that those of us who ARE interested, have to sift through!

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Boost Lee said:
Hmmmm.

I think there are a few people participating in this thread that know exactly what I'm about to say about this post...

...but you know what? I think I'm going to hold off this time...er, at least try...but it's awefully tempting. Usually, it's just AUTOMATIC for me to blow up...*hem*.

:nono:
yeh.. we know :nono:

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
macsupra76 said:

I don't know about that one man

I picked up a copy of Car & Driver November issue. they had a picture of the new Supra as well as a few of the other new cars coming for 2008. It's looked like a supra but nothing like that.

I can scan it and post the pics up later if people want

i am just glad that Toyota is still supporting our cars. It shows that they Care about the dedicated Toyota Lovers Out there.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
supralover2000 said:
Somehow all of those people that are complaining about FALSE newsflashes regarding a new Supra, ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ALWAYS FILL THESE THREADS WITH THEIR SAME LAME WINING. If it annoys you all that much, just don't bother reading it! Most of all, don't clutter these pages with your wining or rants, which add to the B.S. that those of us who ARE interested, have to sift through!
this is the second thread in the history of "new supra" threads that i've stood up and said anything... it's time for it to stop... period

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Boost Lee said:
Alright...No disagreements there. I'm very aware of this...but who's to say that a new Supra coming out wouldn't PUSH this even more?

because as far as i am aware, they already have a schedule for phasing out production of parts on discontinued models.

again, a new supra shouldnt have any effect on this.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
Thanks for the concern Boost Lee, I know your not bashing me. And yes it was news to me, but not for you, and I see how that can get old for you.
Theres always 2 sides to a story.
Thanks..Boost on.
(BTW nice ride)

Boost Lee said:
macsupra76:

I'm not bashing on you by no means. And I'm glad you're understanding what we mean by it getting annoying. I understand that you realized this as new news to you and you wanted to post about it...but for some of us that frequent the forums for one reason or another, it just gets really old seeing these "new Supra" threads. No personal hate from me...It was all my .02.

Jeff

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I picked up a copy of Car & Driver November issue. they had a picture of the new Supra as well as a few of the other new cars coming for 2008. It's looked like a supra but nothing like that.
Just like 2002, 2003, 2003 ,2004, 2005, 2006....

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Nick M said:

And for future tense preferences...I'll proceed on with this list.

2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012......eh, you know what? Maybe it will come back in 2013...Maybe......Juuuuust maybe. ;)

And Thanks, Mac, 'preciate it. I try. :D

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Nick M said:

Correction is was Road & Track

Along with other cars that are known to be coming for 2008 Season. I think they have it right this time toyota can't wait any longer if they still want a peice of the market.

If your so skeptical why do you even bother to post.

ill scan the article later

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I wish this new Supra rumors wasn't BS, because I would be the first one on here to get to drive one. If they ever did badge Supra on a new Toyota, It wont be anything we would expect, no inline, no turbo, etc. Not to mention anything most of us, including myself could afford. If they do ever happen, I will definitely not beat the ass off the first one that comes in and tell you all about it.......ok maybe. Until then I will await the new Challenger! and hope its not a piece of shit!

I havent heard anything about a new Supra from anyone within Toyota other than its BS and the prototypes being tested were talked about being Supras, but ended up being Lexus.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
meh... not that i'm not interested, but if they were to make another supra... it just wouldn't be the same :dunno:, i just don't feel it should wear that badge