Supra news.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hey look, another company that doesnt have any affiliation with toyota making claims again.
Wow.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
Supra or not, but atleast Toyota made supercar under her name, not using Lexus.

Lol but that line where was stated that supra production was stoped at 1996 was idiotic :D

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Nowhere did they say it stopped production in 1996.

"... disappeared from Toyota's line-up in 1996..."

For the UK market - since this is a UK magazine - this is an accurate statement. Is no different than a US magazine saying:
"... disappeared from Toyota's line-up in 1998..."

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Thread count of BHG Threads on the Supramania Forums: 10,000.

Thread count of "OMGWTFBBQ New Supra for real this time!" Threads on Supramania Forums: 9,999.

Yes. It's getting THAT annoying.

At the pace we're going, by 2010, there will be like 10 different models of the MKV.......:nono:

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Boost Lee said:

Thread count of "OMGWTFBBQ New Supra for real this time!" Threads on Supramania Forums: 9,999.

At the pace we're going, by 2010, there will be like 10 different models of the MKV.......:nono:

I think we are already there.
10+ models and counting...

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
It's got a unique look, but honestly, how many times have we all heard the "NEW SUPRA!" line before. Not even a month ago Road and Track had an article about the "new supra" and it looked nothing like that.

It pisses me off, all these bullshit articles about a MkV. Not because it sells, but because it's our money they take. These magazines are ripping us off by selling us lies. How many times have we all looked? How many hours have we all spent reading? I'm sick of wasting my time. I'm not gonna read another "new supra" article until I see one on a showroom floor. And I recommend you guys don't either.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Neodeuccio said:
It's got a unique look, but honestly, how many times have we all heard the "NEW SUPRA!" line before. Not even a month ago Road and Track had an article about the "new supra" and it looked nothing like that.

It pisses me off, all these bullshit articles about a MkV. Not because it sells, but because it's our money they take. These magazines are ripping us off by selling us lies. How many times have we all looked? How many hours have we all spent reading? I'm sick of wasting my time. I'm not gonna read another "new supra" article until I see one on a showroom floor. And I recommend you guys don't either.

just FYI, most of us stopped reading about 2002-2003
yea, uhh just FYI if you didnt get the memo.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Boost Lee said:

THANK YOU!!!

GODDAMN people :3d_frown:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
macsupra76 said:
At least people are still interested in the supra name and heritage.

People still interested in the Supra name and heritage? First off, let me tell you how MANY damned threads I've participated in arguing over, "NEW SUPRA THIS, NEW SUPRA THAT, Oh noez, FOR SURE, It's REALLZZZZ this time!" Crap and as annoying as it is, It is irritating to a majority of Supra owners. Why, you ask?

Once Toyota made it clear that the concept Supra was no longer an Inline 6...a Majority of Supra owners basically lost all hope.

In comparison, Go find a 1st or 2nd Generation DSM owner that is MADLY in love with the 3rd Generation Eclipse. Why the hatrid? Because it losts it's main powerplant, it's main source and popularity that it was given...the 4G63.

Well, same goes with me. I cannot give you numbers, I cannot speak for EVERY Supra owner here, but I CAN speak for myself, and I think it is a bunch of BS. How many concept cars actually make it to the production line? Not too many.

Another thing, unless you are so demanding of the new Supra because you want to buy a new car with the same name, then more power to you, but if you want it back just so that you can say that the Supra has come back to life...Guess what. This means our generation of Supra will just become that much deeper into the history books as a "classic", and while I think that is great, it has its' bads. Toyota brings out new Supra, Toyota will probably stop giving a damned about "older" Supra's because the "new" Supra is the big thing. I don't even know where I'm going at with this because I am just sooooo sick and tired of these theads. Judge me for what I think, hate me because I disagree, but I, as well as others, can probably speak the same.

I'm done.

/rant :)

Jeff

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Boost Lee said:
People still interested in the Supra name and heritage? First off, let me tell you how MANY damned threads I've participated in arguing over, "NEW SUPRA THIS, NEW SUPRA THAT, Oh noez, FOR SURE, It's REALLZZZZ this time!" Crap and as annoying as it is, It is irritating to a majority of Supra owners. Why, you ask?

Once Toyota made it clear that the concept Supra was no longer an Inline 6...a Majority of Supra owners basically lost all hope.

In comparison, Go find a 1st or 2nd Generation DSM owner that is MADLY in love with the 3rd Generation Eclipse. Why the hatrid? Because it losts it's main powerplant, it's main source and popularity that it was given...the 4G63.

Well, same goes with me. I cannot give you numbers, I cannot speak for EVERY Supra owner here, but I CAN speak for myself, and I think it is a bunch of BS. How many concept cars actually make it to the production line? Not too many.

Another thing, unless you are so demanding of the new Supra because you want to buy a new car with the same name, then more power to you, but if you want it back just so that you can say that the Supra has come back to life...Guess what. This means our generation of Supra will just become that much deeper into the history books as a "classic", and while I think that is great, it has its' bads. Toyota brings out new Supra, Toyota will probably stop giving a damned about "older" Supra's because the "new" Supra is the big thing. I don't even know where I'm going at with this because I am just sooooo sick and tired of these theads. Judge me for what I think, hate me because I disagree, but I, as well as others, can probably speak the same.

I'm done.

/rant :)

Jeff

Best post ever.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Ma70.Ent said:
Best post ever.

hardly. i read the last part where he says that toyota wont give a damn about the mkiii if a new supra came out,

sorry but uh... NEWSFLASH!

toyota currently dosn't give a damn about mkiii owners now in any way shape or forum. and why should they?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
lagged said:
hardly. i read the last part where he says that toyota wont give a damn about the mkiii if a new supra came out,

sorry but uh... NEWSFLASH!

toyota currently dosn't give a damn about mkiii owners now in any way shape or forum. and why should they?

uhhh, uhhh, uhhhh, NEWSFLASH!
Toyota is still providing us with replacement parts...look further down the road if a new Supra came out and the likelyhood of parts even being AVAILABLE will probably travel down the sh*t hole.

uhhh, uhhh, Thanks for your kind words.

Jeff

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
I'm getting a lot of pros and cons for this thread.
There seems to be a lot of hate for these "articles".
I'm really impartial. I just thought some people would be interested to have a quick look.
But it seems like people are more interested in expressing there feelings about these "articles". And thats fine, it's a free country, and I see were there coming from.
But the only major reason I would be mad about these articles, and has nothing to do with car redesign or power plants , but If I was dead set on buying the next new "supra", and no other car would do.
-Cheers

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
Thats the weirdest thing, my last reply went all the way to the top of the first page????????????????:dunno: :lol:

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
that blows, i hate everything about that car....

first of all i have a hybrid honda insight that gets 60+mpg.... i hate driving it, i'm selling it soon. why go half ass with economy and half ass with performance? it's just retarded. either you want performance, or you want economy. If you can afford a new supra you can afford to get 2 cars. So get a small beater economy car and get a nice sports car. Your average fuel economy will be the same or better as the supra hybrid except you'll have more fun and less headaches.

Secondly the hybrid thing again... parts are rediculously expensive to replace... the cataltyic on my insight is $1300.... the battery is well over $3000, i haven't priced it.... but it's insane. It's just not worth spending the extra money to get a few more mpg's. It's stupid-gay... especially for people who want to keep the car 20+ years.

Thirdly I just don't like the design of it at all.