Supra news.

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
lagged said:
toyota currently dosn't give a damn about mkiii owners now in any way shape or forum. and why should they?

Thats not true in any way. Toyota continues to supply oem parts for our 20 year old cars. You should be grateful that they still carry as many parts as they do for our a70's. Some other manufacturers you cant compare.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
ugh... so, WHERE does it say toyota unveiled the new SUPRA??? NOWHERE
:3d_frown:

yeh, it's a toyota sports car... not interested... not too interested in anything they make since they discontinued the inline six

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
jmanbball said:
Damn, replacing turbos with an electric motor.:3d_frown:
meh i could care less about how much more MPG i can get. Oh wait i actually care a lot. Less fossil fuels spent on a daily basis = more for the future. By 2015 i will have on in my driveway ;)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
With rear-wheel drive and a seven-speed sequential auto, the supercar should cover the 0-60mph sprint in less than five seconds and hit a top speed in excess of 170mph, yet return 30mpg.

lololololol.... you know what... my car turns 0-60 in less than 5 sec, and you know what... still gets 30 mpg on the highway :rofl:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
89jdm7m said:
With rear-wheel drive and a seven-speed sequential auto, the supercar should cover the 0-60mph sprint in less than five seconds and hit a top speed in excess of 170mph, yet return 30mpg.

lololololol.... you know what... my car turns 0-60 in less than 5 sec, and you know what... still gets 30 mpg on the highway :rofl:
highway. Hybrids on the highway are just the same like any other car. its in the city where it counts.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
bah... i've still calculated 20+ in the city, so i'm not complaining... my dad's 1990 civic 1.5 litre gets worse gas mileage... literally (yes, it's in horrible disrepair :D)

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Its a change fellas. Times ARE changing, lets just worry about what WE are. I take too much pride in my turbo and I-6 that i wont let this new supra bug me. I think it looks and sounds phenominal. Regardless WHAT it has under the hood, it is still created by the same people who gave us life, but who have also now found a better technology. Good for Toyota, we gotta do what it takes for people to realize that we come out with the most powerful japanese sports cars. This new supra will blow the competition out of the water.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ok so now its a v10 and a hybrid!!! And never mind that doesn't look anything like the so called final version of the car that was in the Japan mag. At what happened to the 5.0 liter v8???? This is proof positive it is all crap. It is probibly fueled by Toyota for publisity, because us stupid Americans eat this stuff up. My favorite is the article says that production of the Supra was stoped in 96!!!!! That in itself should prove this is crap. This new Supra thing is like a train wreck, we get so tired of seeing it but we just cant keep from looking.........................

Nothing against you macSupra but this is just one more post of many that will get flamed!!!!!:flamed:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
89jdm7m said:
um yeh... supra production stopped in 2003... IIRC

The article referenced 96 as being the last year for the Supra in England. 98 was the last year here in the US.

2002 was the last year of Supra production in Japan

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
I think the article does try to lure people to read the material with using the name, supra. To be honest with you guys the supra name is only well known by guys like us and true car enthusiasts.
There is quiet a trend towards hybrids, I have my own opinion on hybrids.
There not as fuel efficient as advertised, and what happens to the spent batteries in the end of there life cycle? the fluid that is in these batteries are quite toxic.
Anyways thats my 2 cents worth - and thats not even worth 2 cents.