Supra monster truck

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
cmdeoro;1239943 said:
I have seen a mustang jacked up like a monster truck before. So I believe that there is a supra.

It is believable,but I don't think that one is real.Wouldn't there need to be some sort of trailing arms going to the back also?Pretty sure it would have to run a straight axle.
There is a place out in South Bend ,IN called sodbusters that has several members with cars like that.There is a 70's nova,couple chevettes,a vega,and a late 50's buick wagon,and a few more,all on 4x4 truck chassis.

Zapp

Dec 6, 2008
Chicago
p1240065_1.jpg

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
I was just gonna say , I have a friend who has a lifted mkII .... He is a "simple" kinda guy ...lol
Then I seen this above .... Looks kinda alike , But his is gray & a beater Mud toy on a k-5 blazer frame & a sbc
If I owned it I would sneak around & drive over the ricer kids cars late at night ...:evil2:

Jk

j3pz

still learning
Orion ZyGarian;1240278 said:
IIRC, this oooollldd picture was originally a MkII. At any rate, the legend goes that someone parked the truck in that spot, took a picture, then parked a Supra in the spot, took a picture again, and photoshopped it.

i was thinking to myself that those wheels look like they would go on the truck behind the car

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I don't know, the Supra would have to be at that height when the picture was taken in order for the truck in the background to show through at proper height..

if the supra were raised, and then super imposed, then the view through the open windows would be a lower shot of the truck. Also, the shadows match all around, and the modified bumper follows through the background, it isn't just "photo-cut"..

looks real to me, folks..

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I think its real too but thats a real old pic and I've never seen a different pic of that car befor. U think there would be other pics out there if it was real!!! Its a really car uneek.

supr88

turbo addict
May 15, 2007
calgary or vancouver
it is fake. look at the shadow under the car, looks like a straight axle front diff shadow. they parked the truck there, then were smart enough to figure out to park the supra just a little bit further away for the second shot, so when the images are put together the tires will be in the right spot, its a visual trick. also something just doesnt look right with the wheels, and when something just doesnt look right its because its not real!
that mk2 4x4 looks sweet, that looks like a toyota 4x4 pickup frame and axles. I want to do a crazy project like that one day.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
If it's an old photo, then it would have to have been taken at a time where photoshop was not as easy to come by as it is now, or even not at all..

It just doesn't seem like it'd be worth it for someone to deliberately take the photo in order to mess with it...

also it's not a differential shadow, it's something on the actual ground...

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
DL.;1239901 said:
Actually looks kinda good in a weird sorta way. If I was going to do it, I would put in a Cummins diesel built to shit. All the haters would shit when 1000+ ft lbs of torque stomps them at the track......lol NOT that I'd do it!!!
It would be a riot if someone built a 4WD beast like that and creamed a bunch of Mk4's at SILV! Or better yet, do it to a Mk4 and build a 1000HP 7M to run it!

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
RazoE;1240529 said:
If it's an old photo, then it would have to have been taken at a time where photoshop was not as easy to come by as it is now, or even not at all..
Nah, when I first saw it, I had photoshop 5 myself.

Also, instead of a Cummins diesel, why not just make the 7M run off of diesel; its halfway there anyways! :p

One thing I'd like to do one day is buy a front-totalled MkIV and weld a MA71 front clip to it. Because many people agree, this looks pretty damn sweet:
p1241059_1.jpg

juhanis

2jza70
Jan 11, 2006
Los Gatos, California
Orion ZyGarian;1241059 said:
Nah, when I first saw it, I had photoshop 5 myself.

Also, instead of a Cummins diesel, why not just make the 7M run off of diesel; its halfway there anyways! :p

One thing I'd like to do one day is buy a front-totalled MkIV and weld a MA71 front clip to it. Because many people agree, this looks pretty damn sweet:
p1241067_1.jpg

anymore pics of that supra?? i've never seen that.