Supra injectors

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
That's the first you mentioned the injectors are GTE. You don't have the ability to adjust your AFR, that is unless you have a SAFC, Maft-Pro, etc. Nor do you have mods to even 440's.

You said previously that you checked the TPS and it was OK. Now you say it might be that???

How are we suppose to help you???

Maybe if you change the injectors back to the GE ones, adjust the TPS, who knows....

Bigin1987

Jul 1, 2011
Midwest missouri
I did check for codes and it didn't show any. I will be uploading the videos in a little bit. But it stalls out and chokes at high end rpms. And I did check the tps and it all checked out good but that doesn't mean it isn't bad.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

And I couldn't tell about the injectors till I got it pulled apart. And I don't know if this motor is from an 88 or 89 cause they said it had a different motor dropped in.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Adding bigger Injectors to a ge is pointless unless your not getting the proper fuel amount.

Adding more fuel does not mean more hp.

There is a certain afr that you need to make the optimal hp. And if you have no way to actually tune the bigger injectors on the na it's going to mess you up hard.

Bigin1987

Jul 1, 2011
Midwest missouri
I fixed the injector leak but i still have a problem with it missing and choking out at high rpms (around 4600-5500).[video]http://youtu.be/FVBSMq0gepI[/video]

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

So your saying the bigger injectors is whats causing all the problems?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

and i wasnt the one who put the injectors on it. the guy who owned it before me did that.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Its the injectors most probably, its spitting raw fuel out the exhaust and smoking BLACK out the exhaust on decell.. Its dumping so much fuel its not firing on some cylinders. You are sure the plug wires are in the right place on the dizzy right?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Well not most probably I can almost guarantee it.

I just happen to have a set of working, tested injectors if you want to buy them. 30.00 shipped and they are yours.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
wow, but yes, gas itself isnt all that flamable, its the fumes and when its in contact with air. i have put out several camp fires dumping gas on them trying to get it to llight.

so to much fuel, not enough air and it wont burn when the spark hits. the GTE injectors are around 30-40% bigger than the GE ones, so thats alomot more fuel and without a turbo its not going to do much, without alot of intake work to get 30-40% more air into the engine(port polish, ram air intake, etc)

replace those with the proper GE one and you should be good. ill even buy the 440s off you

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Actually a ge injector at 295 cc and the gte injector at 440cc is a 67% difference, that means you are getting 67% too much fuel, now the computer can compensate air fuel ratios some but I think its only somewhere around 25% so that still leaves you getting 42% extra fuel. After changing the injectors you are probably going to need new plugs and a new o2 sensor.

Bigin1987

Jul 1, 2011
Midwest missouri
So that's what's been causing all those problems all along? I checked to make sure all the wires were in the right place.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

And devin your saying with shipping it would be $30?

Pm me devin when you can.