supra harness/ chaser harness

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
i have a chaser harness that i want to change to make it a jza70 harness i have for plugs that i was told are the jza70 ecu plugs but the pins from the chaser harness dont fit in my jza70 plugs. so my question is are the different pins between the two. if so then where can i get some new ones to crimp on to the wires? and what size are they?here are the pics of my chaser harness(grey) and my jza70 plugs(yellow)

Attachments

• 100_0367.jpg
    100_0367.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0370.jpg
    100_0370.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 4

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
also before i do this are the sensors on a jza70 different from those on a chaser, in any way cuz im using a chaser harness(this is the one im trying to change and supra ecu

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
No big difference in the sensors. Try getting few of the AEM PEMS terminals. They should work in the JZA connectors. horsepowerfreaks.com carries them and the price is reasonable. There are two different sizes. You would need both sizes that are for 7M-GTE application.

BTW why are you converting? just run the soarer/chaser ECU...

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
They are for sale way cheaper than the supra ones. Just look. What you make on your supra one you definitely get a Soarer/Chaser ecu... It doesnt mater if it is AUTO or MANUAL..

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
will i still need the fuel pump controller from the sc300 even if i change it over from the chaser harness to a supra harness. if i dont change it what else will i need?

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
No fuel pump controller with the JZA... Just make sure your relay and resistor are in place.

With the JZX/JZZ ecu you would need the FP controller to run the fuel pump correctly. You could hardwire it from ignition switch source but I think that it is too dangerous as it may not shout-off in case of an accident.

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
well with the jzx/jzz is there anything else i need besides the fuel controller. and how does it plug into the harness and where is it located on the sc300 so that i can go pull it from a junkyard also how well does the jzx90 harness work with the dash harness(ie gauges, lights,and any other plug under the dash)?

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
Guyana00;1368884 said:
Chaser ECU 85 shipped in FS section..

thats the guy i bought this harness from, not to bad mouth him cuz he seems pretty decent but he said that the harness was in excellent shape and its definatly not but all in all i guess it could be worse there is only 2 cracked plugs and a couple of little clips that tap into the harness as well as like 2 cuts that were repaired.