Supra engine milky oil on cap + dip stick!?*

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Okay. Well I do know I just swapped a 1JZ into the car, not a big deal replaced all gasket HG, timing belt water pump etc, every damn gasket.

Thing is I used lube Assembly on the on the cams for start up. I also used ARP lube on the studs. After running the car a milky substance was building up on the oil dip stick, and the oil cap. The main ingredient in the assembly is lithium. I also used Castrol EDGE 10W-30 FULL SYN. I noticed on my VR4 one day I had a little build up on my oil cap, and also a friend of mine, his AUDI A6 had a tiny build up and they used synthetic.

Anyhow it is gone and it never builds up again, car pulled when it was running and coolant was perfectly red.

I am just curious what chemicals are in what, and if possibly what I used could have just worked its way through the motor. Thank you!

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Not to mention that short trips in cold weather don't let the engine reach op temps....these short trips don't let access moisture fully evap so it condenses to anything cold or colder....take it on a 15 mile trip and you won't see that any more;-)

lumier2x

El Dominican Sexy
Sep 20, 2006
Paterson, New Jersey, United States
Wow thanks good to know my 1jz mk3 was parked for a few months i only moved it for street cleaning.The other day i noticed a milky film in the cap i was so deppressed thinking it was a bhg :nono: you guys made my day.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
lumier2x;1533265 said:
Wow thanks good to know my 1jz mk3 was parked for a few months i only moved it for street cleaning.The other day i noticed a milky film in the cap i was so deppressed thinking it was a bhg :nono: you guys made my day.

This was something I thought would be a good question. I just put the entire motor together. I knew everything I did was correct, and the car ran very well.

This all makes sense as well.

1JZ swap is done and the customer is very satisfied. Total price reach over 6300.00