Supra electrical help!

jcr2fast4u

7mlover
Jan 5, 2008
southern cali
Hey guys , i trying to get a little information to help out my neighbor(an older gentlemen) with his 89 NA supra , so recently its been giving him some issues. the first major problem begin while he was on the road the car begain to feel like it was putting almost like when its out of gas, all the way till it reaches 3k rpms and then he said its like all the power just shoots back into it. He says its like this through all five gears. Next when he got it home he notice none of his gages on the dash were responing anymore plus none of his lights inside were working( although outside the lights would still come on) the car shows no issues when starting up, it fires up nicely still. so far i have only checked the connection between the battery making sure that there was no faulty connections and that everything is tight But still cant seem to solve it. any help is much apperciated! thanks guys!

MK3er

Jan 1, 2010
Ohio
run a compression test and or leak down test make sure its not mechanical failure before chasing it through the electronics.