Supra drive in movie meet. CANCELED.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
So just kind of a feeler right now but me and my wife want to go to a drive in movie, haven't been in years as most of them are closed now.

If anyone is interested let me know. We are looking at going to a theater in blue ridge. It is close to dragons tail so we could either go there Saturday during the day or Stay out there Saturday and go to the tail on Sunday. Just depends on what works better for everyone.

I think it would be nice to take the targa off and watch a movie. We are going to have to get a hotel room for the night since it will be around 1pm when we get out of the theater, if anyone else needs a room let me know and we can see if we can get a group rate.

So let me know who is up for this. We are thinking Saturday June 25th. Hopefully at night it should not be too hot.

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Edited this post and the first post as the original drive in we were thinking of going to, I was told, is in a bad part of town and the dragons tail sounds much more of a fun place to go.

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
So I think the best bet here is we go out to the movie on Saturday night. Get a hotel for the night after the movie. Go out for a cruise the next day. Just need to know who would be interested in getting a room, we should be able to get a group rate. So far there are 5 that I know are going, and 2 maybes. Just most of them done get on here, I will get with them to get the best idea. I have not had time to get into this and research yet because my other tech has been on vacation and I have had 1 day off in the last 14 and I work in a shop so in the heat, so I have been too tired and worn out to get to this. I have the next two days off and will get the details worked out and post it up.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
There's a drive in in tiger ga, it's not in a bad place at all, I could show you guys some great ridin places in rabun too

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
well let me know details if thats better for everyone, which it probably will be since its not so far away. I sent U a pm go contact me so we can work out details. I would like to go to the tail but then again suspension is shot so I would rather wait for that to be fixed any ways before that.

HighlandsSupra

Sep 1, 2010
Sky Valley, GA
I would like to do this as I live in Sky Valley so it's close by. Here's a link to the theater. http://www.tigerdrivein.com/ I'm sure we could find more Supra owners from around the area too. The ones I met a few weeks ago at the Roan Mountain car show were from north Ga, upstate SC, and western NC. We could find some fun roads to drive on but it won't be a fast ride this time of year with all the tourist up.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Alright I send an email to the drive in owners getting some more information, but I think we either will meet up there at 7pm or we could go earlier and find a park or something that would have a gazebo and a grill so we could make some food or just get food at the drive in snack bar. If anyone could scout the area out for something like that it would be great. I have not really gotten any feedback from anyone on what they would like to do, ie cruise then meet and greet and eat, then movie or just meet at the movie. The place is close enough where my wife and I will just ride home after the movie. If anyone needs a hotel let me know so I can see if we can get a group discount. I am working on getting prices for hotels in the area.

I am figuring we are going to have a cruise not a racing event, so tourists wont be a problem. But yea HighlandsSupra get whoever wants to join us out.

My optimal idea is we meet at a park or somewhere for a meet and greet at around 6pm, then go for a cruise once everyone is together (maybe find a park that is a away from the drive in so the cruise will be to the drive in to be there around 7pm. Movie starts at 8:45 so later people can show up at the drive in. This is a double feature so you could leave after the first movie or stay for both. The second movie probably wont be over until 1am or so just so you know, if you live far away a hotel room might be the best idea.

If everything works out we may make this an annual event. We can rent the place out for a whole day if we want. But that is to worry about later.

This should be a good area to get people from TN, GA, SC, and NC together.

I will have more info as soon as I can hear back from the drive in people.

HighlandsSupra

Sep 1, 2010
Sky Valley, GA
I know of a number of parks that have pavilions with grills. The Georgia state parks require a $40 deposit for a pavilion. However, its only like a dollar to go in. Black Rock and Tallulah are nice places. Tallulah has plenty of parking, bathrooms, picnic tables and is on the "lake". Blackrock has great views, probably enough parking, bathrooms etc. The thing is if we want a pavilion. The Rabun county rec park has loads of parking and two pavilions. I will check with them on a price for one. If we are just going to meet and hang out for a while, we could meet anywhere. Then we could run through town, and eat at say Checkers then to the movies. I will let you know more when I check with the rec park on reservations. Chris

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Thanks Chris but I don't know what will happen really. I hate it but I have to work Saturday, I am still going but I will not be able to get up there until at least 6 maybe 7, so I figure the plan is we will just all meet at the drive in around 7 or maybe we can get together before hand and get something to eat if people want to.

The drive in opens at 6:45 and first movie starts at 8:30 so that should be enough time to hang out there at the drive in. My cell number is 678-665- one two four one, if everyone that is going can shoot me a text or give me a call so we can organize better the day of and keep in touch. As normal supra people are some will be late so it would be nice to be able to reach people.

I think my wife and I are just going to eat at the drive in they have burgers and stuff at the concession stand.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well for all the trouble and trying this is just not gonna happen. Sorry to give notice at the last min but the meet is canceled. As most things I try to coordinate there is going to be rain and that is not good for meets. Also most of the people have canceled out today so that does not help. I will send messages to everyone that was going to go through phone text. Otherwise if you still want to come out for whatever reason a few people are going to show up at my house Sunday. Get my number from here if you dont have it and call me and I will give you my address to come out.