Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Setsuko37;1872863 said:
well also depends on your drifting type my friends and I do street drifting so a 7mge is fine enough in a stripped supra and when i say stripped i dont mean took the seats out i mean legit motor tranny shell dash seat steering wheel pedals lol none of the options the came with the sucker are in anymore :( sad cuz it is a 87 GT trim. but yeah 7mgtes arent great at drifting from what ive seen o be honest i thinks its just the headgasket ordeal like he said drifting breaks shit and 7mgtes HG weak point, and if you rly want to go track style like legit huge drifts......2JZ-GTE only option lol

...what?

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Setsuko37;1872863 said:
well also depends on your drifting type my friends and I do street drifting so a 7mge is fine enough in a stripped supra and when i say stripped i dont mean took the seats out i mean legit motor tranny shell dash seat steering wheel pedals lol none of the options the came with the sucker are in anymore :( sad cuz it is a 87 GT trim. but yeah 7mgtes arent great at drifting from what ive seen o be honest i thinks its just the headgasket ordeal like he said drifting breaks shit and 7mgtes HG weak point, and if you rly want to go track style like legit huge drifts......2JZ-GTE only option lol
Ummmm....English?
-AM3

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GrimJack;1872952 said:
My 2J car was originally built as a drift car. The weight thing is easily solved with more power, so that's not an issue. The toughest problem is the steering angle - or lack of.

We have a winner!

You'll never get the ass end out as far as the other guys because of the major lack of steering angle. It's probably the only downside to a beefy double A-arm suspension...

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Setsuko37;1872863 said:

Orion ZyGarian;1872972 said:

Another MkIII;1872979 said:
Ummmm....English?
-AM3
My perception of this post:

"my friends and I do street drifting" - Reckless driving i.e sliding the back end out while going around a corner; typically involving wet roads and less than ideal surface conditions. Also possibility of colliding with other drivers and or pedestrians
"7mge is fine enough" - Don't really need much power to slide a RWD car in the rain on public roads
"7mgtes arent great at drifting" - So darn temperamental and expensive to fix all the time when beaten senseless without proper maintenance
"i thinks its just the headgasket ordeal like he said drifting breaks shit and 7mgtes HG weak point" - Them 7M's and their darn HG failures! These failures have nothing to do with beating the snot out of a 20+ year old car tho...
"if you rly want to go track style like legit huge drifts......2JZ-GTE only option" - 2J > all : makes lots of smokey burnouts!

^I think I translated that well enough....? :D

Sarcasm= check
Aggravation from reading that post and thinking of the morons in my neck of the woods that do the same "street drifting" crap= Check

I'm sure I'm going to get some flack for this part, and I know it's off topic a bit, but I really would like to express my irritation and anger towards those that take to public roads for their shenanigans. I've got a wife and 3 children, they use these roads too. I don't need to worry about some "ya-hoo" showing off, or thinking they can handle any situation that may come upon them while driving. Please for the sake of everyone else, take it to a track or even an empty parking lot in the middle of the night is better than doing that crap on the roads. I can think of many many phone calls from my wife where she was crying because some idiot almost hit her from doing crap like "street drifting." I really, really despise people who have no concern for any one else on the road. BTW - this is not being said to start an argument - and if you try to argue that doing stupid crap on public roads is ok; you WILL lose the argument. There is nothing safe, or acceptable about it.

I'm done, my blood is now boiling a bit, but I'm done.

Back on topic, the A70 chassis is not too terrible for drifting. The lack of steering angle is sort of a pain, but just like any other purpose built car, things can and will be modified outside of what the factory designed. Just look at how many offerings there are for special steering knuckles for the S chassis Nissan.... I know the A70 doesn't have the same level of aftermarket support that the S chassis does, but that's where A70 owners shine. We don't just go buy our stuff from a catalog, we make it! And when people make something that works, next thing you know we have yet another level of support for our modification fetishes. :D

Now to watch the above posted video :)

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
lol waaaaaaa :3d_frown: lol, well it was translated pretty well tho. but honestly dont be a pussy or a moron first of all most guys you'll ever talk to about drifting will always says stick it to the streets (mainly because its real grassroots and isnt trying to brand and point-score everything like FD). Drifting is mainly a younger generation sport alot of the older guys with supras like to do the whole drive fast in a straight line but if i wanted that i would of went american. We live in a small ass village mostly country so street drifting here is pretty safe if you lived in the big city itd be a different story, but being a small city we have great barley worn down paved roads so no rain not so needed, We may be teenagers but that doesnt mean were stupid, i assure you anytime the conditions are right weather its a steep drop off or another car on the road it is a pointless risk on a high level and its simply logically not necessary but if its 4am and we went to get wendys and the intersections empty,...drift that shit

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
and we also cant really do drifting at tracks in the mid ohio area. 1. its a younger teen sport with no sponsors so all drivers have to rent track and buy insurance and cars drifting track style usally have turbos and there reving the piss out of them so sound ordnance 87DB limit

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Setsuko37;1873033 said:
lol waaaaaaa :3d_frown: lol, well it was translated pretty well tho. but honestly dont be a pussy or a moron first of all most guys you'll ever talk to about drifting will always says stick it to the streets (mainly because its real grassroots and isnt trying to brand and point-score everything like FD). Drifting is mainly a younger generation sport alot of the older guys with supras like to do the whole drive fast in a straight line but if i wanted that i would of went american. We live in a small ass village mostly country so street drifting here is pretty safe if you lived in the big city itd be a different story, but being a small city we have great barley worn down paved roads so no rain not so needed, We may be teenagers but that doesnt mean were stupid, i assure you anytime the conditions are right weather its a steep drop off or another car on the road it is a pointless risk on a high level and its simply logically not necessary but if its 4am and we went to get wendys and the intersections empty,...drift that shit

Kids...

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Setsuko37;1873033 said:

Pussy? Moron? Really?

Anyways Like I said, not an argument.

As for the MKIII at PBIR - are there any videos of that and any specs on the car? Also this quote from the driver of the car " i think the mk3 has tons of potential. just needs some development." sums it up in a nutshell :D

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Setsuko37;1873034 said:
http://vimeo.com/34437223 if you didnt know em this is junkhouse met acouple of the guys at chicago wek-fest, they go hard and they have skill

And yes, I've seen that exact video, I've heard of the "junkhouse" name before. I personally am offended by the mentality of that entire group.

I'm not going to let this go OT by my hands anymore. If you want to defend your side of reckless endangerment on public roads, hit the Off Topic lounge :)

To the OP, Have any pics of this shell?

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
So it depends just what type of drifting you want to do. street/track, or full track car. though if you do track remember youll have to pay and you can only go on track event days so it depends how much your local area host events, but honestly if you get the urge, just go street drifting in the am hours lots less cars out an cooler temp for car [strike]oh but look out for Veedubin's wife you might make her cry[/strike]

Last edited by a moderator:

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
man and they wonder why they call us teens reckless and charge us a ridiculous amount for insurence * face palm* anyways to the OP i have a friend who drifts his supra and he was finally able to take it infineon raceway for their open drift sessions and he had a blast! i myself am planning to get some track action at the end of october, so i say drift it!

Status
Not open for further replies.