Supra differences

LaxJunkie

Jan 22, 2008
Florida
Hello, I am looking into buying a supra and I'm not sure which year to get. I know I want a 93-98 but I'm not sure of the differences between the models. What is different about the 93-98 cars. And is there any year that is better than the other? Thanks for the help. Oh and also is there any good sources to buy from? Websites and such?

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
LaxJunkie;895154 said:
Hello, I am looking into buying a supra and I'm not sure which year to get. I know I want a 93-98 but I'm not sure of the differences between the models. What is different about the 93-98 cars. And is there any year that is better than the other? Thanks for the help. Oh and also is there any good sources to buy from? Websites and such?

Not many differences but I prefer the 97-98s The difference that I'm aware of and the easiest to spot is the 97-98 have different headlights and taillights. The 93.5-96 have a chrome background headlight while the 97-98 have a almost black one. Tails are slightly different too. The 97-98 have a better ECU map(a richer and more smooth fuel curve better for boosting more) The ABS I believe is slightly different also the front bumper and front turn signals are clear rather then amber(and sunk in). If you have a choice find a 97 or 98 but you'll be paying more. Good luck hope this helps a little. Or you can be a lucky like me. I bought a 94 with 97-98 ECU,head&taillights,Motor and tranny. Full package in a 94.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
I think 96 Turbos only came in automatic transmission. Lol, something like that.
Oh, and like 97 and 98 Supras had a little grill/bar er whatever in the "mouth" at the front.
97s marked as 15th anniversary limited editions.
RSP in the later years (97,98)
I think the wheel style changed too right? (98)

I could be wrong as hell though hahah.

Last edited:

Blk96SupraTT

Feb 7, 2008
Long Beach, CA
not much really changed in the MKIV's. Like everyone said the head/tail lights changed. 93.5-95 is ODBI, 96-98 is ODBII. 96 Turbo only in Auto because of emissions. Best thing i can suggest is to just find a clean one. 97-98 is nicer because they are newer and the last years but will be more money for sure. Check out SupraForums for a car.