Supra died on me and now won't start.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Glad you solved your Cam pin problem. Just go to a junk yard and get the washer off of any OHC Toyota, many of them are identical.
hvyman;1388138 said:
try jiggling the cps wires. mine will do that from time to time and i just jiggle them a few times try if no do it again and it will start within 3 times.
SrBigbutt;1388148 said:
I've tried the jiggle method. Still didn't work. But it could be related since I did remove the CPS last week and the wiring is very hard and brittle. But I got spark on the #1 plug. Should I check the rest?
I also wanted to tell you guys that I read this very skeptically, and thought to myself "That cant possibly be it".

I called a friend and without mentioning this thread he suggested I probably needed to change the CPS. I said man I'm not touching that thing without making sure its not something else. He ALSO suggested I jiggle the CPS wires. He asked if my tach moved at all while trying to start it. I said "NO!" After that he was convinced it had something to do with the CPS. While he was on the phone I jiggled the wires and VOILA it started right up.

Just wanted to share that, in case it helps anyone else.

The short back story:
I don't really drive the car in the summer, so it sat for the whole summer. In the spring I had a few times when the car wouldn't start, more than once I opened the hood jiggled the wire to the fuel pump and maybe that was enough to mess with the CPS wires. But it started fine each one of those times I had that problem (once I had to mess with it more than 2-3 times). Letting it sit a solid 4-5+ months the battery was dead I went and got a new one and STILL it wouldn't even think of starting, until I called my friend and he suggested the jiggling the CPS wires. GO FIGURE!!! Guess I will be ordering some wire connectors and getting the soldering gun out now.