Supra Bra

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
If your bumper/hood edge end isn't clean when installing or you don't remove them in the rain and then let dry on the car they will do damage, otherwise, no.

I used one for years on my old daily driver Celica and never had any sort of damage to the paint from the bra. In fact, it was the exact opposite, my front bumper/hood still looked new where it had been covered.

I have a factory Toyota bra for my Supra and use it when I'm on a long road trip and don't have any problems with it either. The key is to make sure the front end is clean when installing the bra. If the front end is dirty, the bra will only press against it and start to scratch/damage the paint - duh!

People think you can leave a front-end mask on rain or shine with zero maintenance, which isn't true. The instructions that came with mine clearly state to remove if it is raining and to not let the bra dry on the car, else the paint will be damaged.

ms07s;1306623 said:
Indeed they do. The PO of my car had one on there for several years. That stiched SUPRA logo is etched into my hood.

p1307128_1.jpg

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
I had one years ago on my 89 and it was 2 piece (+ headlight covers). Had a section for the bumper and header panel, and a small piece that went on the end of the hood.