supra bov question!!!

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
i am deciding what king of bov should i buy for my 87 supra turbo. 7mgte. i was thinking turbo xs or ssqv. any suggestion or recomendations would be apreciated. thanks

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Well a duplicated thread is made once again...So why make it go to waste?

TiAL 50mm Blow off Valve is For The Win.

I've owned HKS SSQV, TurboXS RFL, Bosch 110 BPV & now the TiAL 50mm.

I've got this TiAL now, and I'd own nothing else.
Best BOV you could ever buy...PERIOD. And sounds like nooootthhhiing else out there. :biglaugh:

HKS SSQV, Everybody and their mama's owns it, but it's a well performing BOV and sounds "unique".

-Jeff

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Lack of vacuum or a higher than you think BOV spring?

A friend of mine has a TiAL on his Supra with a 9psi spring, and it blows off at any psi...even the slightest blip of a throttle.

On the other hand, I'm running the same thing, but with a monster 11psi spring, and I get what ends up being forced "flutter", a very light compressor surge but the valve *barely* opens.
Anything above 4psi, and it's nothing short of a monster. :)

-Jeff

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Boost Lee said:
Lack of vacuum or a higher than you think BOV spring?
It's not a vacuum problem. It's literally running off my intake manifold through 2 feet of tubing right to my BOV. It's probably the spring. The problem is the newer BOVs aren't adjustable. I'm going to have to fing a replacement spring for it.

I'm going to borrow my friend's older, adjustable SSQV and see if that helps.

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
well i installed the ssqv bov onto my supra but i cant get it to sound. i removed my bypass valve and plugged the pipes. when i reved up, i could'nt here the bov at all. did i do something wrong. any suggestions would help.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
MK_rider said:
well i installed the ssqv bov onto my supra but i cant get it to sound. i removed my bypass valve and plugged the pipes. when i reved up, i could'nt here the bov at all. did i do something wrong. any suggestions would help.

Your vehicle isnt creating boost while parked, and it wont no matter how hard you rev it.

You wont hear your bov untill you drive it.