Support the March of Dimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Hey Guys,
I've joined the March of Dimes (now called the March for Babies) to support a friend of mine who lost her some to significant birth defects. We walk next Sunday 5/3/09, and it would be awesome if we could get some support from the forum.

We're not asking much, and we know times are tough right now, but every dollar goes to support the cause. And every baby saved is a potential Supra owner, so it's important that we contribute.

Even if you can only give $5, we'd really appreciate it. You can donate directly through the web page by clicking the link Here.

PS- I am willing to take conditional sponsorships. If you'll give $50 to see me walk 3 miles in high heels, I'll get you the pics!

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Come guys, let's show some support! I'm putting $50 on this, and I'm not raking in the big bucks, so I'm sure at least a few guys can spare a few bucks...

[name removed], you've got the $$, how about helping out a good cause?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TinyBubbles

I'll support you, Neo! oh wait... it's my team...

Seriously. Guys here's the scoop. My son was born 20 weeks premature in Feb of 2007 due to a significant birth defect. The team we're walking with is a team I started called "Under Aiden's Wings" in his memory. We walk rain or shine on May 3.
For those who don't know, the march of dimes is a charity group that raises money to support research and education on pre-term labor and birth defects.
I know the economy sucks, and money seems best spent on necessities (like rent, food, and mods) but if you have anything you can part with, it's for a really great cause and every dollar helps.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Neodeuccio;1307167 said:
Come guys, let's show some support! I'm putting $50 on this, and I'm not raking in the big bucks, so I'm sure at least a few guys can spare a few bucks...

[name removed], you've got the $$, how about helping out a good cause?

Ok this is where I draw the line.

The reason why I and many others aren't supporting this is that the March of Dimes isn't very efficient at getting your donating dollar into the hands of the people who actually need it. They are, however, very efficient at paying their executive levels. Out of respect for your cause, we didn't publicly post about it.

When it comes down to it, great cause, shit charity...

Do some research:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4045

http://www.charityguide.org/volunteer/charityratings.htm

When you start calling members out by name, you've lost your privilege to try to raise funds here...

What the fuck is wrong with you? How dare you call someone out, in public, and try to shame them into helping your charity out? That lack of respect puts an end to this thread.

So with this said - thread closed - and don't bitch to me about it. The incredible GALL that it takes to call people out by name means the only reply you are getting from me is "fuck you".

severe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.