super moniter

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Calculates MPG since you last hit the reset button for that feature.

Clock

Calender

Range: Predicts how many miles left you can drive based on a starting off with a full tank (also considers how much MPG you are going through for this figure).

Counts down how many miles left since last oil change if you reset it. Beeps if you haven't changed the oil by the scheduled interval when you open the door or was it when you first start it.

And other features but those are the ones I used most. Other members can fill you in on the things I missed.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
It also shows the month and year, however only goes up to the year 2006 and then your car turns into a pumpkin..... :boink:

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
You can rig up a switch to check the engine codes, but the Supermonitor actually tells you the number (instead of reading blinks) and IIRC a very short description.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Bishop92t said:
You can rig up a switch to check the engine codes, but the Supermonitor actually tells you the number (instead of reading blinks) and IIRC a very short description.

yeah the switch thing is something ive been meaning to do for over a year now...its right before "polish "" " and right after "buy new moldings" ;)

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
It can be hardwired if you're that desperate. 86.5-88 are likely to already have the harness but it's not definite that you will have the harness. My 86.5 did not have the Super Monitor harness. However once you start modifying the car the MPG and range will start to become inaccurate since they are based on stock equipment. Especially when you change injectors, fuel pump and add an AFPR.

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
supraman7mgte said:
getting a supermonitor is one thing,having the correct model year with the wiring harness still installed is another.

:3d_frown: That's why I have a super monitor in a box in my hallway, my 87 turbo does not have the wiring. Before you start looking for one, check under your dash to insure you have the wiring.
If anyone has the wiring and wants to buy it pm me.

Last edited:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
yeah hardwiring is not fun. I have did it on my 87 NA which did not have the wiring and it sucked and took alot of time and research into the tsrm. But its done and it works.

toysupguy

Phantom
Jun 1, 2006
Dallas, Texas
mk3forme said:
yeah hardwiring is not fun. I have did it on my 87 NA which did not have the wiring and it sucked and took alot of time and research into the tsrm. But its done and it works.

I know that it took you a long time and research, but i'm willing to try it with my '89. Could you please share your infinite knowledge on exactly how to wire it up? :1zhelp:

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Kinda funny they ended them being widespread in 88, then brought em back standard in 93 for the mk4, toyota and thier BS the cooler body mk3 gets no supermonitor how awesome, LOL