Sunshade and proper colored moldings, you can't get more exciting!

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Nice JDM tails, wonder if anyone else noticed. I bought a mint set last year off ebay for $100 to swap onto my '88't, never realy been a fan of the sunshade though. To me it makes the car look more 80's then modern. To each his own. Car looks well taken care of.:naughty:

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Yep... clear front/rear side markers :D I haven't really seen any others around... They came on the car, and I'd imagine the previous owner went to somewhat great lengths to pick 'em up. As for the sunshade, I kinda enjoy how it looks more 80s. Thanks for the compliments, the previous owner did a good job keeping it clean, and I've been pretty meticulous since getting it.

-J

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Looks Excellent J
I agree that since we have 80s gt cars, why not praise the 80sness with a factory sunshade?
We just posted pics of our new wheels, what do you think?
-Jake and Heidi

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks guys! The rims are FS btw ;)

Jake/Heidi: Yes! I love the look of the car. Raked to HELL, gunmetal, tint, and the sunshade. Not flashy at all, but you can feel the presence, very nice :)

toypro

Ex-Owner :(
Jun 2, 2005
Ohio
Hey Jacob, Glad to see you've kept her in good shape! I knew you would. I still miss it every single day. Was nice to get to see some pictures with the bumper on, I knew it would turn out nice. I've wanted to get another one, but I think that is going to be the last I own, went through too much with her to do it again! Take care-Eric

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks eric welcome back to the board! I have some plans in store for the spring/winter. Don't think I'm gonna mess with the engine at all, just some more aesthetic things. The silver shines up very nice even for how old the paint is, looks great. Sent a few emails but I guess you didn't get 'em as they went to a different email address. Take care man.

-J

toypro

Jun 2, 2005
Ohio
jbsupra89t said:
Thanks eric welcome back to the board! I have some plans in store for the spring/winter. Don't think I'm gonna mess with the engine at all, just some more aesthetic things. The silver shines up very nice even for how old the paint is, looks great. Sent a few emails but I guess you didn't get 'em as they went to a different email address. Take care man.

-J

Yeah, I switched email accounts shorty after you bought the car. I had to just get away from the supra scene for awhile, was too painful :) I basicly just went awol from all the forums and everything. Finally have had some time to go through my storage and got some left over parts out to sell, after those I'll only have memories. I am so glad you have taken care of it, I had turned some people down when I had it for sale, I had to make sure she went to a deserving owner. I hope it's been mostly trouble free for you. It's both nice and sad to see it again. I think if I do anything again, it'll be a 1jz swap into a sc300. Long live the 1jz. It is funny to see how the attitude has changed about the 1jz now, used to be "hated" now seems to have got the respect it deserved. Take care-Eric

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Yea... things sure changed from 4-5 years ago on the yahoo forums, hahah. We were running on almost hopes and dreams in terms of info, now there's almost as much know-how as the 7m N/A > GTE swaps, crazy. The car has been 99% trouble free. Only hiccup was the electric fan for some reason, just didn't wanna have any of it, the 2nd day it was on the road. I pulled it for the 2jz clutch fan and have been loving it :) I plan to dyno and track it in the spring, and see what I can pull out of it with some tuning. Next order of business was an oil cooler actually... got any pics of the one you're selling? cspllc@gmail.com if you do, thanks again...

-J

toypro

Jun 2, 2005
Ohio
jbsupra89t said:
Yea... things sure changed from 4-5 years ago on the yahoo forums, hahah. We were running on almost hopes and dreams in terms of info, now there's almost as much know-how as the 7m N/A > GTE swaps, crazy. The car has been 99% trouble free. Only hiccup was the electric fan for some reason, just didn't wanna have any of it, the 2nd day it was on the road. I pulled it for the 2jz clutch fan and have been loving it :) I plan to dyno and track it in the spring, and see what I can pull out of it with some tuning. Next order of business was an oil cooler actually... got any pics of the one you're selling? cspllc@gmail.com if you do, thanks again...

-J
Sounds good, I never really did get to test that fan setup out much, glad you got that figured out. I'm so glad to hear there have no electrical problems, I spent so much time on the wiring in that car, it still blows my mind. I will send you some pictures tonight, they are on my pc at home. Take care-Eric

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Anyone know where to get all 4 clear side marker lights like those? Is that a JDM item or are they avaliable in the aftermarket? Thanks - Brad

MKIIINA said:
looks good! guess i need to get some pics up of my car now too! might be interested in your rims also in the future...... pm me or hit me on aim

Last edited:

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks for the compliments, hope Eric sees this thread, he's responsible for it ;) Rims might be gone, or at least changed to a darker color with metallic flake...

-J