Suggestions on down pipes, and exhaust in general

Ron Jefferson

Jun 21, 2012
Virginia
So I have finally saved enough money to get a good exhaust on my car. Here is the problem, I caught my girl on the phone upset to her friend that she couldn't afford a dress she liked. The dilemma is, do I pamper my car, or get the dress? I feel the dress would be the better thing. So with that, do you guys have any suggestions on a inexpensive downpipe? I'm going to try and fab my own exhaust and just get her the dress. Seems the proper thing to do. Thanks.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Ron Jefferson;1859848 said:
So I have finally saved enough money to get a good exhaust on my car. Here is the problem, I caught my girl on the phone upset to her friend that she couldn't afford a dress she liked. The dilemma is, do I pamper my car, or get the dress? I feel the dress would be the better thing. So with that, do you guys have any suggestions on a inexpensive downpipe? I'm going to try and fab my own exhaust and just get her the dress. Seems the proper thing to do. Thanks.

Dress? How much is the freakin dress? If your girl is whining about not having a dress the same price as a good exhaust.... I certainly couldn't keep up with that, lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
suprarx7nut;1859866 said:
Dress? How much is the freakin dress? If your girl is whining about not having a dress the same price as a good exhaust.... I certainly couldn't keep up with that, lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Ya a dress worth 500 to 1000? You gotta be crazy.

I found my downpipe locally, and the guy made me a deal on it I couldn't refuse. I would recommend a BIC tho, as they are the best for the ct26 IMO.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Women will always be upset because they cant afford these shoes they want, some dress, or similar shit. imo if she has her own income let her take care of her own wants unless its actually a special occasion or a date. Especially if this dress is worth the same as an exhaust system, god knows she'll likely only wear the damn thing a couple times then closet it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I'd get the exhaust.

Find a used down pipe and get a nice sounding exhaust system that you like.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
hvyman;1859888 said:
I'd get the exhaust.

Find a used down pipe and get a nice sounding exhaust system that you like.

This. Especially since these are Supra related forums. I love my girlfriend as much or more than the next guy, but that kind of money for a piece of clothing she'll only wear a few times and forget about and likely wont last just doesnt make sense.

RogueCustoms

Custom Painter/Fabricator
Apr 7, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
I gotta say that I'm with all the previous posters... My wife, I love her to death, is one of those has a 100 pair of shoe types.... And she even said get the exhaust. If you get that dress, you better be going to a 4 star restaurant with a Michein Star Chef. Gordon Ramsey or the Wolfgang Puck variety. Dropping a $150 on just the dinner. Not including drinks or the tip.
Get the exhaust... It could last you longer. Jus sayin... :naughty:

O, and I have HKS Super dragger exhaust. Wouldn't change it for the world. But I would recommend a BIC downpipe.:biglaugh:

Ron Jefferson

Jun 21, 2012
Virginia
Lol, well I appreciate the feedback. The dress was going to be part birthday and part Christmas present to her. I'm still going to look for a good exhaust though:)

i have a hks dragger and i also have a custom exhaust that was made by majstic motor sport it sounds amazing the hks i got with a shell i recently purchased so i havent heard on my car yet since im currently deployed wont get back until nxt month but ill sell mines once i do. i only payed 450 for mines and that with a down pipe from the trubo back probably would take half of the original price for it..

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Christmas is a long way away my friend. Plenty of time to try and pull of both. BIC is the only exhaust I have ever had on either of my supras. It helped that he used to live one block away from me but none the less, I think that is your best bet

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Suggestion on DP? BIC or other vendor's DDP. If you can't afford it yet then get a 3" DP from the turbo, not the elbow, it's worth it. Exhaust, hmm there's sound + style so I think you should look at some exhaust threads. I have the apexi N1 on my, not just the generic N1 muffler but the whole system. People said they're loud, lol let me tell you, I have the raptor ddp, 3" test pipe, the Apexi N1 exhaust and the sound is sweet and not as loud as my friend's Greddy Sp. Seriously. I have a video I've been wanting to post up but haven't had the time. If you're in VA and local to me we should meet up.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
EXHAUST!!!!!! I use to buy my x all this shit she would only wear once or twice. Its not worth it.. The only thing you should buy a woman is Panties & Bras.. the see through kind... Oh & booty shorts :naughty:
Put a WTB. I got a DDP (to atmosphere) on here for an extremely good price.. & my Driftmotion exhaust should be delivered tomorrow. that adds up $530 for an exhaust system. i got a 3"Cutout for $20. so $550... my only regret is the car is low...

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
D.J.T.;1859964 said:
EXHAUST!!!!!! I use to buy my x all this shit she would only wear once or twice. Its not worth it.. The only thing you should buy a woman is Panties & Bras.. the see through kind... Oh & booty shorts :naughty:
Put a WTB. I got a DDP (to atmosphere) on here for an extremely good price.. & my Driftmotion exhaust should be delivered tomorrow. that adds up $530 for an exhaust system. i got a 3"Cutout for $20. so $550... my only regret is the car is low...

I'd love to hear your DM exhaust as I'm interested in it as well..

I tell my girlfriend all the time "I'll make sure you have what you NEED and SOME of the things you want"

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Yeah, then it's shoes, diamond earrings, etc... Lol. It all depends on who wears the pants :) Go buy your exhaust!

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
My old lady and I have a good arrangement. I pay for the house and utilities, she buys the food. Other than the occasional gift (birthdays, Christmas, just for the hell of it), we buy our own stuff that we want. :)

Then again, everyone has a different budget and situation. I don't let my girlfriend buy my car parts, because it is MY dream. You won't catch me buying the Mk4, because that is HER dream. Follow me so far? If YOU want something, YOU can save up the money for it, just like I do for things that I want. ;)

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Get the exhaust...chances are in a few months to a year...the dress will be "out of style" and will just sit in a closet. You'll use the exhaust everyday.

I got my turbo back DDP off of ebay 5 years ago...stainless...flows awesome and was one of the most bangs for the buck investments for the car. I think it was $160.

Because I didn't want an abnoxiously loud exhaust, I got a Random Technology high flow cat at about $150. Inspectors never look twice at my car b/c I have a cat on it as far as exhaust goes...

For styling, I went with the HKS turbo exhaust. It looks like a stock 7mgte exhaust, but it's twice as big and feeds 3" into the muffler. The only drawback to this is that it was $450. You could have an exhaust shop weld you one for 1/2 the cost though I'm sure if you found a duel tip.

This setup is very quiet at idle, and sounds like a V8 after 50% throttle. I'm making well into the 400's for whp on pump...so I would say that having the cat and the hks duel pipe isn't really hindering the car's performance.

For pics, check my sig link of my build.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
IndigoMKII;1860009 said:
I'd love to hear your DM exhaust as I'm interested in it as well..

I tell my girlfriend all the time "I'll make sure you have what you NEED and SOME of the things you want"
ill surely record & post some vids on it on youtube. ill let you know