Suggestions for head work.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Ok well I just started my 3rd 7m build. I made 400 whp last year and am going to shoot for 500+ whp.

The only thing stock for my car is pretty much just the head. I was wondering what you guys suggest I do.

My power band dropped at around 5.5 k on the dyno sheet and would like to have it keep going somewhat till I need to shift. And I'd like a quicker spool from my precision 6152 which spools at around 3.5 k.

I'm looking into buying some 264s and use it with my stock valves until I buy all the valves/springs and put them into one of my other heads. Should I do that or buy the valves n springs first then get cams later?

I already have AEM cam gears to dial in the idle with the 264s.

Would I benifit more with doing OS valves n springs and stock cams or stock valves n 264s?

I'm not going to be revving super high yet because I'm still going to be on stock ECU (maft pro).

spooln30

Sep 28, 2006
milwaukee,WI
I sent you a text. Just give me your head and ill port and polish it, match the intake runners to the head and then some bowl work. Really should get the valves, springs and cams all at once. It makes it much easier when you go it set the valve clearances cuz most likely the machine shop will have to cut the top of the valves to get the right specs.