Suddenly no start, no power to fuel pump, Ecu?

OHmar

Feb 23, 2012
Bakersfield
Hi guys, i need help figuring this one out. I printed out out wiring diagrams and got the test light out and try to trace the fualty fuse or relay. Im kind of lost, i dont know what else to check.

Okay, so this is what happened, i parked my car RUNNING like a champ. A few hours later the car will not start. :aigo:
I found that the fuel pump (walbro) was not turning on.

I checked EFI fuse in the fuse box under the hood, none are blown. Im not sure how to check the relay tho.
The fuel pump doesnt get power so i decided to do the 12v mod and fuel pump relay/resister bypass. And i still didnt get any power to the fuel pump when ignition is on.

I found that if I jump +B and fp in the diagnostics box i get power to fuel pump( pump was on and running strong after 12v mod). So i cranked the car over and the car still doesnt turn on even with the fuel pressure gone up.

Basicly, thats where am at. No power to fuel pump and even if i supply power to fuel pump, i still cant get her running even with the pump working. Im gana check if am even getting spark now. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

And if it helps i can post up exactly what i did before turning off the car fo the last time. But for now i think it would be more helpful to find out if im getting spark.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The 12V mod doesn't change anything for starting. The default of the relay is 12V. And since the FP to B+ runs the pump, that should narrow down your diagnostic search real quick.

OHmar

Feb 23, 2012
Bakersfield
Okay, so i spent two days checking everything, and finally the car starts up fine. I truley dont know what it might of fixed it.

First i jumped Te1 and E1 so it can throw a code, and it just blinked continuesly forever it seemed like, without puase.
Then i remove the coil pack cover that says '"turbo intercooled" and unpluged the first spark wire to check for spark.
As soon as i cranked it started up, even with the spark plug an inch away.

other than that i cant figure out what might of cuased my fuel pump not to get power and at the same time cuase a no spark.

It seriously just started up as if nothing.... Im guesing it could probably be my electrical harnnes. maybe when i moved things around a bit it fixed itself or the ecu reset itself when i jumped E1 to Te1?

Either way thanx for checking in on my thread, i guess the car is running fine for now.

Today i ordered Ngk spark wires and ngk iridium spark plugs. tomorrow there going in as well as fresh oil.

Im thinking of starting a build thread, keep an eye out for it. I got lots a pics and a pretty deceant build. ONLY 4000 miles on my fully rebuilt engine and about real close turnin up the boost.... thats if that little wierd issue doesnt pop up again.

OHmar

Feb 23, 2012
Bakersfield
O i forgot to mention, When i drove the car last. I left work and i did a burn out.

Drove home and took my face plate off of my radio. and then i pushed my afc neo back far into the opening where the ashtray goes. and thats all.

When i went to drive her it just didnt start, first time ever. I listened for te fuel pump to turn on becuase i noticed my fuel pressure kept droping when i cranked it.

Thats when i checked fuses and went on line and realised that there were relays on near fender. I ran into a thread on how to by pass and do 12v mod incase the relay went bad. Plus with the new fuel pressure regulator i had installed and walbro, im pretty sure the 12v mod is best to get the most out of my fuel system for more boost. (which i plan to do real soon)

The relay wasnt the problem tho, there was something else cutting power to pump and coil pack... just dont know what. Just toclarify if it helps, There was power at the efi fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment and there was power in the fuses under drive side panel.