Subs in between seats?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1769518 said:
Space? Are you kidding? I suppose you could fab up some kind of fake armrest, but it wouldn't hold much of a sub...

Perhaps a custom box that vents to the space right behind/between the front seats? I can't imagine putting anything larger than an 8" at best between the back seats, unless you don't plan on using the rear seats for other things... Cool idea though.

JL Custom Design

Nov 7, 2011
Bloomington-Normal Illinois
ive actually considered it as well figured it would probly make a better space for a couple nice speakers then subs though if your intending on being able to use the rear seats, also been considering mounting subs inside the back of the rear seats?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Inside the rear seats would be tough again... unless you're planning on losing the use of the seats, of course. If you plan on going that route, though, might as well build something that uses the U shape between the rear suspension towers as well.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1775272 said:
Inside the rear seats would be tough again... unless you're planning on losing the use of the seats, of course. If you plan on going that route, though, might as well build something that uses the U shape between the rear suspension towers as well.
I'm planning on building something similar to what the FC Rx7 and 2 seater Z31's had, flat from the hatch floor forward, with a storage bin on the passenger side, and sticking a sub right behind me where the passenger seat would have been. Nobody ever sits back there in mine anyway, so... making better use of that space. :)

There is quite a bit of depth to be had there...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
True enough, there's a few folks have built a setup like that. Works for caged cars, too, where you literally cannot have anyone in the rear seat anyway. Although designing something that is easily removable through the cage for track use is a challenge.