Subframe bolt Thread?

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Hey Guys i'm putting my subframe back together and i can't get the bolts to catch for the life of me i took my thread indicator thingy that came with my tap set to the bolt and none of them match. Does anyone know the size so i can re-tap the bolt hole to the body and clean up some of the threads.
Please and thanks for input
Charles.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Just so you know they are the bolts on the FRONT subframe that are closest to the rear of the car and they 1 of the 6(at least i think so haha) that hold the subframe to the body.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
try measuring the outside diameter of the threads, as well as the number of threads per centimeter. I want to say the thread is a 10 (OD) x1.25 (threads/mm) but you need to confirm.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
yeah i had them loose and the thing is i have a few spare bolts and whenever i would pull one out it would come out with fucked threads...:(...any more ideas on what the tread is? And to the above poster could you go a bit more in depth about finding out the thread on my own (really would just like to get the number to shrink my error margin and not have to buy the tap 3 times lol) Thanks so far guys.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
how much more in depth do you need?

measure the outside diameter of the threaded region (vernier caliper is ideal, but the measurement will likely either be 10 or 12mm
measure how many threads there are in 1 centimeter. (chances are 12.5) divide this number by 10, and you have your pitch. (threads/mm)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
As I told SV in a PM grab a head bolt (EVERY 7M owner will have one laying around) they're known to be M12x1.25, lay the theads against the bolt you want to ID if they mesh it's 1.25, if there are more threads it's 1.0 pitch less it's 1.5.

These are the 3 common pitches.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
i had a tap and die set (just did not include one that matched the bolt i had on hand) But it did have a little pitch indicator which is where i discovered the 1.25. As far as discovering the 12mm i did a bit of guess work that turned out great!