Subaru Impreza WRX seats? Good or bad?

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello,
I just wanted a fellow mk3 owners opinion about installing subaru impreza wrx 2002 seats in their mk3.

The reason why I'm considering this is because my stock seats (leather) needs new upholstery so I can either spend my money on that or get some seats that are in better condition aswell as lighter. I also want to be able to shove some people in the back seat aswell since this is a road going car.
And I don't have the money to spend on some aftermarket sparco or recaro recliners.

Currently I'm considering the following seats:
Subaru Impreza WRX
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 4-9
Honda S2k

I have my eyes on some subaru seats right now that are in good condition and are full black, no STI logo.

What do you think? Is it a good idea?

Thanks

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Sorry I can't offer an opinion on the wrx seats, but maybe some of these other guys can share the seats they have installed. After market or otherwise. I too am looking for replacements bit I'd much rather have cheap uncomfortable aftermarket bucket seats purely based on looks

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Much as you might not want to hear it, I have yet to sit in a more comfortable seat than the stock Mk3 seats... Hmm, actually, the seats from the FR-S are a close second, now that I think about it. Might be able to find a set for cheap too, given how many of those are destined for track use...

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I like the stock seats too, but they weigh a lot which makes me think that if I get the chance, I will replace them.

Another thing pushing me to this decision is that no one seems to like my idea of color scheme of the stock seats: Stock gray perforated in middle and matte black with red double stitching on the side supports and headrest. Thoughts?

Is there anyone on this forum who have installed any of the mentioned seats in their mk3?

Does anyone know what the subaru seats weigh? I have only found numbers on a complete seat with stock mounting and airbag, which is 55 lbs. If that's the weight of the parts I'll be replacing the stock mk3 seats with, then it's not worth it. Stock mk3 seats weight 66 lbs.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
^i like those zrain. I may look into that. Can anyone tell me if they make an aftermarket bucket seat that bolts up to the stock brackets? Or do all after markets just have their own brackets you bolt to the floor?

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Zrain25: That was a nice change. But for 275$ that can't be real leather, can it be? I've looked at some real leather stuff on ebay, but that kit goes for around 400$

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
No I believe there no real leather real leather would be like 500 just for the front. They feel great especially when it's warner them 40 degrees lol. The will get tighter once in the sun too but it's not gunna be warm here till April so I have to wait and see