Sub hits when no music playing??

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Hey guys, a friend of mine bought a mustang and im doing little stuff on it and shipping it to him in california. Im having a problem thats a head scratcher. The sub works with the music, but when i have the radio on with no music playing, the sub vibrates with the car at idle. If i tap the brake pedal or use a window switch or use the blinker, it hits a little bit. I cant figure out why the hell it would do this.

The power, rcas and remote wires were run on the same side of the car, i thought that was the problem, so i separated them, power runs down the drivers side and the rcas and remote wire i ran down the passenger side.

I also checked the wiring, and it seems to be correct, i even took the nut off of the stud which the amp is grounded to and grinded the paint off the bottom of the nut and reinstalled, still no luck.

Any ideas?

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I know when I installed some aftermarket audio components in my LS400 my radio would whine with the engine rpms. Its probably just some induction happening somewhere, especially if it happens when you hit the brakes (brake lights turning on), if the wires for the subwoofer are anywhere near the wires for the brakes, it might be inducing (sp?) a current in the sub wires.

And that's my limited knowlage on electronics.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Stopped by a local audio shop and asked the guy there. Turns out, when installing an aftermarket system on a mustang with a mach sound system, you cant use the stock ground for the headunit. You have to create your own. So, i did, and it fixed the problem!