Stupid question....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
They may, but I doubt it seriously. As long as there is a demand for them, the price will not go down. I've seen a huge increase in the price of the MKIII's in the last year and a half. I bought my car for 3500.00 and I bought my wife's car for 3500.00........you can't get a good supra for thirty five hundred right now..............lol

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
No, I don't think a new Supra will effect the price of the MKIVs and really I doubt they'll bring back the Supra name anyways :dunno:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
suprahero said:
I bought my car for 3500.00 and I bought my wife's car for 3500.00........you can't get a good supra for thirty five hundred right now..............lol

Hmm I too bought my car for 3,500. quite the common number.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
The guy wanted 3500 for mine, but then he sold it to me for 2500... For obvious reasons.

I would agree though, I have been seein a lot of higher priced mkIIIs, many with mhgs and 1jzs.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Depends on the performance.

If the "new" supra we are hearing rumors about has a SC V8 and is making close to 400, or 450 hp, then the performance will be stellar by OEM standards for a Toyota, and I belive the demand for the older MK4 will decrease somewhat.

If it's delivered with only 350hp, and a basic BPU MK4 will spank it, then Toyota will have a hard sell to the Supra faithfull, and that's the core audience they should target I belive.

The spillover buyers who are considering 350Z, or the G35, the RX8 and other sports cars all need to see some stellar performance numbers. This car has to compete with the Musang and soon to be out Charger and Camaro's in the next few years. The Vette is also there to be compared against, and that is one very fast car indeed. (Especially the Z06 version.) The Lexus format of the same chassis is rumored to have a V10 in the works, so perhaps that car is there to compete with the Vette, but I don't know, we have not seen the cars yet.

In any case, I doubt you will see a JZ based motor in there. Toyota has fully gone to V based engines/designs, and they are nice engines, but not my trusty I6 that we all know is very smooth. I also doubt you will see turbo charging on the new Supra. (At least a first.)

What they need is a V10 with twin medium sized turbo's that makes 550awhp in a 3200lb chassis. That would be a very nice car indeed. (And it should have the potential to make over 1k at the wheels on the stock block, and be very easy to mod if they want to sell this car to the Supra faithfull. (And it would attract many buyers from Nissan as well.)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
suprahero said:
........you can't get a good supra for thirty five hundred right now..............lol

Sure ya can, if ya go NA!...lol

Im gonna have two for sale here in the next month or so for 3k each.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
suprahero said:
Like I said, you can't get a GOOD supra for 3500.00..................;)

Thats cold man.....sooooo cold!! :3d_frown:

hey, at least I have a targa brace! neener neener neener!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
theWeezL said:
Thats cold man.....sooooo cold!! :3d_frown:

hey, at least I have a targa brace! neener neener neener!

You know I love you brother. Turbos are yuckie. I really wanted an NA, but I couldn't find one, so I had to SETTLE for my 91 turbo targa top. I would gladly trade it even for an NA, as long as it has one of your targa braces in it.............;)

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
WHY!? WHY do you want a N/A over a turbo? frick i will GLADLY give you mine for yours :D. i'll just have installed a full toyota head gasket set on a chassis and engine with 108k miles... hehe.

and...it's black:evil2:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Figit090 said:
WHY!? WHY do you want a N/A over a turbo? frick i will GLADLY give you mine for yours :D. i'll just have installed a full toyota head gasket set on a chassis and engine with 108k miles... hehe.

and...it's black:evil2:

Don't tease me Figit. You know I love them black NA's........................;)

I'm just playing with you. I would never show prejudice towards a supra due to race, gender, or religion. I love all supras equally. (maybe turbos a little more)....................:biglaugh:

N

NDBoost

my friend traded his 89 supra in not running properly for $5k+ and now the dealer is asking 4,495 for it on craigslist.