Stumbles at boost

Daves929

PNW Bike Whore
Mar 8, 2007
Spokane, WA
Car runs great, if I let it boost slowly.
If I try to boost it past like 4K, it starts to stutter unless I let it boost slowly.

Starting to get really frustrating especially since some little POS early 90's 4cyl Jetta out accelerated me this morning, I know something's wrong!

Any ideas would be awesome, thanks guys

turbo soup

Nov 1, 2006
MD
man i had the same problem and a bmw 318 walked on me i was soo pissed i couldnt boost... ill hit about 5psi and itll start sputtering and wont get to full boost and you could smell the unburnt gas, my car is still doing it but i let my cuz borrow it so i cant work on it, im thinking its my turbo, but im going to try to check out my air flow sensor hopefully it just needs a good cleaning, but you know what else is funny after driving it for about 45 minutes it will only sputter in 5th gear on the highway. i think the turb ojust needed to heat up or the air sensor needed to heat up and burn up the oil in it, yuck.

let me know if you know whats going on with yours ill do the same with mine

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
dont mean to thread jack... but iam having the same problem and i just got new plugs a couple weeks ago and there gapped properly. i have 550cc injectors and its only hitting 5psi and it will hold it but if i give it more than quarter throtle it starts jerking. i know its running way rich i have a fpr so with those 550's what fuel pressure should i be running?

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
gnarkill87 said:
dont mean to thread jack... but iam having the same problem and i just got new plugs a couple weeks ago and there gapped properly. i have 550cc injectors and its only hitting 5psi and it will hold it but if i give it more than quarter throtle it starts jerking. i know its running way rich i have a fpr so with those 550's what fuel pressure should i be running?

what kind of plugs did you put in.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
ians13 said:
i don't see how tq down head bolts would fix this.

Well he mention jerking when he is pushing the car. And maybe it could be his gasket giving up? I have a BHG and it was jerking. The more I tq the less it jerk. And yes Im getting that fix.